2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

You were never right in your life

So no counter argument bar shurrup wil yiz. This is more embarrassing that Paul Flynn soiling himself on air.

Counter argument? You predicted 20 on a row and the death of football. Counter argument me hole

Where was this?

Jesus Christ … that is some bollox … even for you… did you prepare it last year and then saved it when Dubs won under Farrell?

2 Likes

Get off the heroin and robbing old peoples houses and invest time in reading comprehension.

1 Like

:joy::joy: so is it 2 or 3 factors mister reading comprehension…you’re some plum …

1 Like

The top two was the reason for Dublin’s success over the past few years, mainly funding.

The third was what let them down last weekend.

Jesus. Put down the heroin will you.

So if they had the third would they have been successful ? :joy:

If they had Gavin there then yes. The smiley faces aren’t the compelling arguments you think. Listen the soccer’s back don’t worry about understanding the ‘gah’ for a while

The top two were the reason, Mr Comprehension

No counter argument from the skanger, so hang your dreams on a typo. Time to go for boxers there flynner.

You were the one sneering about reading ability and comprehension.

You’ve made no argument so a counter argument is unnecessary

Again, I set it out. Money mainly and Jim Gavin made them successful. Dubliners are generally useless (any country person will quietly admit this) so without all that help they’d eventually flounder. Imagine any other county had all that help.

Where did I say they’d win 20 in a row by the way, you were repeating earlier that I said that?

The fact Your ‘argument ‘ makes no reference to the players Dublin have lost since Gavin went is fcukin ridiculous … some of the best players of their generation …

We get funding proportionate to our population which is used to help increase participation which it has done.

Jim Gavin didn’t make us great though he helped. Alan Brogan, Bernard Brogan, Diarmuid Connolly, Brian Fenton, Jack Mccaffrey, James McCarthy, Stephen Cluxton, Con O Callaghan, Paul Flynn and quite a few more made us great.

Your never ending spewing of racist bile aimed at Dublin people is getting tiresome.

4 Likes

@maroonandwhite is beating @binkybarnes and @Bisto up a stick here. The two Dublin lads are making well thought out, factual points but when @maroonandwhite hits back with “stop robbing old people’s houses you heroin addicts” it’s a complete knockout.

Top, top debating from the exceedingly useful and intelligent Galway man.

Are you living in the USA? Either way you have no idea of the impact or role of funding on Dublin GAA. The aim of the funding* was to increase participation and it funded GPOs to go into local schools to foster interest and participation in GAA; effectively to replace the role that was traditionally done by male National Teachers.

In this regard it has been successful - too successful in ways as clubs struggled to provide the playing and coaching infrastructure to cope with the numbers. Massive efforts trying to get parents from a non-GAA (or non-sporting) background skilled up to develop youngsters’ skills with mixed results.

At a county level Dublin Co Board may have questions to answer in relation to development of new clubs; likes of Crokes and Na Fianna having multiple teams at same age levels while others are struggling to field.

Is there scope for new clubs in south or west Dublin to deal with these numbers - access to playing facilities is an issue though, ask Kevins or Cuala. A lad from Na Fianna told me a couple of years ago that they were paying €25k p.a. to rent pitches for training alone, the downside of increased participation in ways. Ironically, some amalgamations are probably required in the Northside because of demographics but increased housing developments may ameliorate this in time.

Bottom line in my experience is that funding is doing some things right but has created issues for clubs and has had little direct impact on the 6-in-a-row, most whom would have featured anyways.

• Success brings additional funding from the likes of hydration partners, gents outfitters etc. but that’s a different discussion
3 Likes

Good lord. No argument whatsoever so Dubliners are now a race

The south side 4x4s are circling

1 Like