All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Once the list of Asterisked All-Irelands has been decided upon can somebody please update the appropriate Wikipedia pages? I’d like to able to review Asterisked All-Irelands in an easy-to-consume format going forward without getting stuck in the rats and the mice in here.

1 Like

On Tony Kelly, is he even worth his place in the Clare team any more? Cork have made a big call and left out Lehane, is it time Clare did the same?

Gearoid Hegarty getting a big shout out on the GAA hour - JJ was blown away with his skill and touch… Was there a few lads on here who slaughtered Hego a few years back?

2 Likes

Lehane wasn’t dropped a such. He went off injured and the fella that came on for him had a stormer. The big call would have been bringing him back on for cadogan. Lehane is pretty useless imo so it isn’t a big call dropping him really. Tony Kelly is vastly superior. Cork will never win all ireland with the likes of lehane starting. They need better players than him.

unless Limerick win another one, 2018 will be up there

JJ obviously hasn’t a fucking clue

11 Likes

We died though last 10

Think I made fun of him in 2017 when he couldn’t reach the goal with shots from 30 yards off his left hand side. Sorry about it, mate. But Hegarty has a medal in his arse pocket or gear bag so I doubt he cares.

Oooffttt!!

One of the lads who liked this post agreed with the post at the time

I should be a hurling scout or something.

@TreatyStones @ciarancareyshurlingarmy not so much

2 Likes

We all partied kid.

2 Likes

I was wrong, he has turned into a fine hurler. Even since he made his senior debut he has improved hugely. Credit to him, he looked extremely raw an an under 21

10 Likes

Fair enough. Can’t do any better than that

The issue is that there is no depth or credible alternative to Kelly or the other 3 forwards who are miles off form. All well and good dropping him but little point for a callow lad who will make no impact. If we had someone like Reidy, McGrath, Cunningham, Bobby Duggan etc available then there might be an argument but there is little point when there is no credible alternative

1 Like

Is Bobby Duggan not available just not good enough?

Where’s young Galvin? Just gone off the boil?

Reidy is a big loss - a player that loved the physical stuff.

1 Like

Who’d you like to take over if/when the two boys go?

A touch of both. He is an excellent free taker and stickman but hasn’t shown anywhere near the workrate a lad would need to survive in the middle third of the field at I/C level.

He left the panel last year due to lack of gametime. Wouldn’t give up on him yet, as he is only 23 but is the type of lad who would need to be put in corner forward and persevered with as he is a confidence player and not really suited to coming off the bench or being in and out of the team.

What happened your man guilfoyle?