All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

They could

They’ll need to build this new M20 Munster Rugby Championship Highway quick so lads can get down there for all these games.

The Killarney publicans were raging a few years ago when Tipp beat cork in the football by all accounts.

I doubt they were. They’ve enough going on in the summer to keep them going. I was down a few years back doing Ring of Kerry. They’d Cork the next day and a few other things going on. Pubs are packed all summer long in the town, regardless of GAA. The last thing they probably need is some Micheal Martin type rocking up with a backpack of sandwiches

+1. It’s a pity that’s the last hurling moment he’ll be remembered for, apart from being left for dead by hegarty yesterday.

Limerick fellas saying the Munster final means nothing since the qualifiers??

2 Likes

Fellas? Name them

I presume this is the post you’re banging on about and I stand by it. While I freely admit it was nice to win it, I would gladly have swapped it for an All Ireland in 2013. Cork have won 2 Munsters in a row and they were devestated after we bate them.last year.

I’d love a Munster title, and I believe the players do too. Even if we were to win our last two games, we mightn’t even make it. At this point, we’d be happy to get over Clare and qualify.

No one would pick a Munster over an All-Ireland but it’s not an either/or scenario and it’s still worth celebrating.

1 Like

These lads have AI medals and NHL medals at this stage, but only a handful have Munster medals. Not to be sniffed at.

I’m not banging on mate, just made a simple point, Munster finals are not meaningless and that 2013 reaction is proof that Limerick supporters take them quite seriously. Obviously the All Ireland is a bigger competition,

1 Like

The provincial championships are worth fuck all, and the Round Robins are diluting them more. The GAA have moved in a trojan horse here and they’ll be gone within the decade.

I hope you are correct. Never underestimate the backlash of the suddenly passionate however.

2013 was huge for us because we hadn’t won anything in yonks. I’d love to win a Munster this year, but it’s All Ireland or bust for us at this stage in terms of a successful year. It’s hard to know whether getting to a Munster final is even of benefit, not getting there didn’t hurt us last year anyway.

We’ve to beat Clare first, it’s all only nonsense talk before then. We’ve one game won against a Waterford team falling apart at the seems, who couldn’t have played more into our hands if Kiely was allowed to pick their tactics.

Croke Park gets what Croke Park wants. With Pat and Frank gone, this will be a cakewalk.

Was talking about the general public. Twas like when they tried to shut bbc radio 6 over here. I’d never even heard of it. There were barely any listeners. Suddenly the “celebs” started declaring their undying devotion (despite being shown later to have never heard of it either), and one social media backlash later, the BBC rowed back like Boris Johnson in a currach.

The GAA couldn’t give a fuck about Joe Public.

You sneery wanker.

Won ye the all oireland

You could definitely make a good argument for that being the case