All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

:grin::grin:

Sheedy will be the first manager to win four games in munster and not win munster

1 Like

I pay only fleeting visits to this stick-fighting thread but could someone clarify an issue that may or may not be relevant / true.
Limerick have been beaten by Cork and Tipperary in the preliminary games.
They could be beaten again by Tipperary in the Munster final.
They are still alive in the AI series and could still win it.
Yet theyā€™ve been beaten 3 timesā€¦

Is this actually the case - surely Iā€™m talking shite here to myself.

Itā€™s a yes/no scenario and thanksā€¦

2 Likes

Yes

Yes that is the case.

Thanks for the affirmation. Surely this format utterly devalues the competition. Itā€™s no more meaningful that a Walsh Cup thingy only played in the summer. Championship my arse.

2 Likes

It is baffling I agree.

Itā€™s also possible in the football championship for the same thing to happen

1 Like

32+ counties kick bogball.

Itā€™s basically a lottery. Leinster ended with four teams on equal points and the pass or fail test was based on who beat Carlow the most. It would be like having a round robin in the Connacht SFC and the winner is who beat London the most. A shambles.

It isnā€™t though. If you took the Carlow results out of it Galway would still be out

6 Likes

Back to Knockout for Provincials to fuck, play this League shite for the AI separately.

Iā€™ve no complaints about Galway, not good enough this year. The format is a shambles though, points difference is a truly moronic way to determine final placings, given that some teams were barely trying a leg in some matches e.g. Limerick last Sunday, Waterford in most games. There has to be more incentive to win games and teams finishing level imo should be given some opportunity to progress. Maybe drawn games should have extra time.

Iā€™d have gladly taken heroin if Galway v Wexford went to extra time.

4 Likes

We should just play until Galway win. That should be the format.

Ye fucking complain about everything else

1 Like

Make up your mind will you

3 Likes

You seem a little extra dim today.

The format is madness, you have four teams plus a cannon fodder team in Leinster, play 10 matches and all four end up with the same points. Either give more reward for a win or play every game to a decider. Thatā€™s before even getting to Munster, where Limerick tried their best to finish third and failed.

2 Likes

What % of these footballers in the WC do ye think are lesbian?

1 Like

Eh?

Youā€™re gone daft are you?

1 Like