Anthony 'Dalo' Daly

Nah, all girls drowned at birth.

It definitely seems to be more of a Dublin thing although there are a few posters here who have a fondness for their auld lad’s home county - myself included. The more irksome aspect of it for me is when some glory hunting Dublin chap supports their auld lad’s county in hurling but Dublin in football. I know a few of these gimps through various jobs down through the years. I think Dublin are primed to become a hurling force provided they make the right managerial appointment. That “manufactured hurler” thing was harsh but had some truth in it but they’ve got some very wristy and knacky / nacky (are knacky or nacky words?) coming through.

1 Like

Yes, as did his father and my maternal grand-father.
They all also worked as labourers at various stages in their lives.

The word is knack. It can be used in a number of ways.

@Bandage was a knacky hurler
@Chocolatemice is a knack

1 Like

My son wouldn’t go across the street to watch the Dublin footballers. I’d take him to see them if he wanted to go.

I support Dublin in hurling but in Gaelic football I support Down, Armagh, Monaghan and Tyrone in that order, despite having no relations from three of those counties.

1 Like

Given the state of ulster football maybe they could amalgamate and then you’d only have to support one.

1 Like

Be fair awkward staying on the same side of the street all the way from your gaff to Croke park to see them.

Kammy and Jeff didn’t even know they played gaelic football in the north – that’s how far the game has slid down the pecking order up there.

2 Likes

Not half as awkward as whatever pun you were trying to make there.

1 Like

I think he did a similar one with someone else before, but the Herity podcast out now is a great listen

It was very informative.

Cc @dodgy_keeper

1 Like

RIP

Does it have a name or a link to it?

You lazy cunt

Sorry pal, wasnt paying attention – thought herrity had a podder out the way you wrote it and he had Dalo on

1 Like

Read that article as well recently, struck me that Cody was choosy with who he tried.

Doubt he would pull that ‘you’re too old’ shit with one of the real top boys. I’d say he was nearly looking for Herrity to tell him to fuck off.

1 Like

“Tell us about that time you drank ten pints on the way back from Newmarket, Dalo”.

9 Likes

Ha now Balbec, ha,… you know yourself now, ha

2 Likes