Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Had a ticket but couldn’t make it, thankfully.

Douglas are like a Junior team.

1 Like

We need to usher a few young lads in…

Kev’s first game for Douglas as S&C

9 Likes

Thats going well, nice feather in his cap

2 Likes

I had high hopes for Douglas around 2017/2018 as Cadogan, Kingston and Turnbull were all breaking through but i gave up on them when they had a post game celebration in the Rochestown Park Hotel one night.

4 Likes

Anyone have the Youghal team from yesterday’s win over Cloughduv? Can’t find a teamsheet or report online.

https://twitter.com/DonalRyan15/status/1819812409474744513

1 Like

A lot of illegal sliotars being used now by clubs that are just yellow.

Clubs getting around the duds that are deemed ‘official’.

Chawkie scored 2-1 from puckouts against Glenroe in 2016. An absolute gale blowing the same day now tbf, he couldn’t reach his own '65 in the second half.

2 Likes

Full-time

Fr O’Neills 1-17
Newcestown 2-13

1 Like

Shame.

Hard to see how Bishopstown beat the Glen last year. Worst senior team i have ever seen.

Sars/Midleton final is almost a foregone conclusion, with Sars winning and then getting hammered in Munster yet again.

Wouldn’t rule out the medal chasers Imokilly, either.'Barrs have a few defensive weak links to go all the way. Couldn’t see anyone else tbh.

https://twitter.com/denis_hurley/status/1820933254779711802?s=46

What was the Clare opinion of Donal og cusack? @Big_Dan_Campbell @Raylan

Furlong is bad enough let alone that. Cork hurling truly buried.

Fairly well-gotten with the players iirc, but he was well happy to work off Davy’s template

1 Like

Yup, the players seemed to like him and asked for him to be kept when D&G took over which he did but then stepped down over the whole Tom Humphries thing.

Think he was seen as a players man and an easy enough man to deal with rather than a tactical genius or quality coach.

1 Like

My recollection was that he signed up on a two year term under Davy but then Davy left and then Moloney and O’Connor were obliged to retain him for Year 1 of their reign.

He had already left to take charge of the Cork Minors by the time the Tom Humphries debacle unfolded in October 2017.

Clare had some meltdown on puckouts in the closing stages of the first half v Tipperary in that years Quarter Final and much of the blame for it fell on Donal Og’s shoulders.