Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

Nphet will always have 6 months of the year where we have an upsurge in respitory illness and deaths.

So called variants then etc. Hard to see an end to it.

We are lucky though according to @backinatracksuit

A perpetual rolling lockdown to avoid a lockdown.

3 Likes

Thats honestly how I see it going forward.

To counter @Thomas_Brady post on letting nphet fail.

I don’t see how we can. They control the numbers, they control the government and we have no critical thinking in the print or national media.

Vaccines won’t stop people dying especially next autumn/winter- its part of life.

1 Like

The people will have new prophets by then

Climate change zealots I suppose.

1 Like

Being honest, I don’t mind really… When things start to annoy me I log in here and see lads in a spin or see @BruidheanChaorthainn giving out about his mental health and that gives me a right pep in my step and I’m in a good place again.

1 Like

Yeah thats it exactly. My uncle was admitted to Tallaght hospital and had to have emergency surgery on a twisted bowel. Serious enough condition. He is a 65 year old reformed alcoholic who drank solidly for 40 years. But he went to Buree and got his life sorted and set up his own landscaping business. His Liver is shot, kidneys badly damaged and heart issues so I’m not sure did that lifestyle lead to this. But he contracted Covid in hospital, symptoms began to show a few days after discharge and paradoxically was more scared of Covid than the risk of infection from the 16 inch scar down the middle of his chest or further complications like being able to shit properly. He is over the worst of covid now but its maddening to think you could be in hospital for something serious and nearly be guaranteed to get it. He lives on his own and needed help with dinners and shopping and things like that so my mother and her sisters were looking after him and never got it thankfully.

14 Likes

Hold firm guys, the next two weeks are crucial.

We need to flatten the curve.

1 Like

We’re all in this together.

There are aspects to lockdown that absolutely suit me as well. Our freedom shouldnt be easily scoffed at though. Vaccine passports are not good news for anyone. All of these measures are not temporary and further infringe on peoples rights.

The likes of the auld masks and social distancing are locked in already. Have either made any difference - they have in their bollocks.

1 Like

It’s all over guys. I was sent a video today of a shebeen with a number of people I knew in it.

Cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy @thedancingbaby :smiley:

10 Likes

Of course vaccine passports/certificates are good news. You can avoid unnecessary restrictions if you’ve been vaccinated, it makes sense and gets things moving faster.

1 Like

Forcing people to take a vaccine is not good news.

4 Likes

Vaccines are the greatest thing that science and medicine have given us, I wonder did Edward Jenner have to listen to much whinging

I hope you made the relevant phone calls to the authorities

That doesn’t follow from what I said. What are you on about? No one is going to be forced to take a vaccine.

1 Like

What about people that are unwilling to take them given that we’re dealing with a virus with a 99.7% recovery rate?

Should they just be cast aside from work, restaurants, travel etc?

Is that where we want to go as a society?

That is certainly what is going to happen if its let through here. Its already the case in Israel.

2 Likes

Please stop tagging me I’ve no interest in interacting with you.

If vaccine passports are going to be used to determine if people can travel and other walks of life then people are in effect going to be forced to get vaccines.

3 Likes

Everything is good or bad with some people, no long term view, no philosophy, so awareness of history, no insight, no bigger picture, no nuance and no soul. Its dispiriting to think that you and your children’s freedom of movement and freedom of choice is something that can be legislated for by someone else.

1 Like