Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

So 760 waiting on hospital trolleys is fine to you.

Heartless.

Making up figures and running away when asked to verify. Amateurish stuff for someone with so much practise.

I know they’re not currently. I think they both should open in the very near future in light of the increasingly comprehensive vaccination program in Ireland and abroad. I’m not sure what’s disingenuous about that position - it seems fairly clear.

But hospitality, sports, entertainment, retail are all going to open with very damaging restrictions and limitations that will be in place for months. My point is that until such time as they are allowed lift these restrictions then foreign travel should be equally curtailed. Domestic economy and society should take precedent but instead they are being screwed.

760 is not made up and you had no problem with that number of people lying on hospital trolley as it was only flu.

Wow, what a brazen hypocrite.

1 Like

Peter Daszak is either a supervillain or unfortunate middle man here.

That said, we have some evidence that the virus was circulating in humans before November 2020, so it’s all really an unknown.

@Tassotti

https://twitter.com/irishmirror/status/1396156402805006338?s=21

You’d want to organise yourself a bit better. Very poor internetting from someone with so much practise.

I’ve proven my point. You are a hypocrite.

It seems to be an odd position. Those restrictions aren’t in place because of foreign travel, they’ll be there despite any change in foreign travel. There doesn’t seem to be any suggestion that if foreign travel is banned/delayed that this would accelerate the easing of other restrictions.

Your position is one of hypocrisy.

It’s fine to stifle domestic economy and society to reduce the spread of Covid while opening up your borders and paying no heed to the impact of spreading the virus

It’s incredible hypocrisy you are defending there.

Between the vaccine numbers predictions, India being done with Covid, the registration process and now this, you’ve had a shocking Covid.

At this stage, I think we should be looking to ease restrictions as quickly as possible,

In tandem with that I think we should be looking to commence international travel as quickly as possible

I think both of these have been enabled by the rapid deployment of vaccines, here and abroad and the experience of other countries further along the opening schedule (i.e. UK/US)

I think while there is always a risk of some variant being resistant to vaccines that the discussion of such has been overstated to date and has been used by a bogeyman by those who wish to slow the re-opening down. We can’t stay locked down or isolated for years just because of some tail risk.

There are many who would disagree with such a position but I don’t think it is fair to call it hypocritical

Ah shure look it, we’ll let it in for another week.

But they are not looking to ease restrictions domestically.

Businesses will suffer domestically, employment will suffer as a result of these restrictions. Surely to God, they should take precedent over foreign travel.

Fulvio has made it his life’s work to be online 24 hours a day looking for any remote trace of inconsistency in anonymous online posters’ worldview.

Fulvio of course has no trace of hypocrisy whatsoever in his worldview. He has everything figured out.

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy wants the hospitality industry to open, but wants to block 75% of their revenue.

I wonder how the 200,000 people working in the industry feel about this proposal? Imagine being required to open a business but not being allowed to have any customers. A bizarre proposal.

Careful now pot…

1 Like

Businesses and employment will suffer as a result of all restrictions, I don’t think anyone argues that.

You seem to continue to want to present it as a binary choice, that something has to take “precedent”.

I disagree so we may as well leave it at that because we’re going around in circles.

75% of their revenue is already blocked.