Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

• Update that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance
  • Update that fully vaccinated people can refrain from testing following a known exposure unless they are residents or employees of a correctional or detention facility or a homeless shelter

Preliminary data from Israel suggest that people vaccinated with Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine who develop COVID-19 have a four-fold lower viral load than unvaccinated people.29 This observation may indicate reduced transmissibility, as viral load has been identified as a key driver of transmission.30

1 Like

It’s like saying Israel should stop bombing Palestine Captain Obvious

But you know it’s not happening, so what are you arguing?

The Irish government cannot control was NI does. Given they can’t and travel is going from Belfast this summer, what is your position? Are you anti travel from Dublin just based on travel? Because the variants thing is a nonsense. If there is actually a killer variant, it will come in via Belfast and into the south from travellers.

SF advocated for a shared island approach. Your beloved FF never tried to do anything on it.

Indeed Swanny has called out the FF minister for health for ignoring calls from him for the past 2 weeks.

And vice versa. FFG and Unionism were on the same page on this, they didn’t want to engage with each other to disastrous consequences.

SF have backed the Digital Green Cert.

It doesn’t matter what SF advocate, it was never going to happen. You’re still here playing Captain Obvious 15 months later

My position is very clear.

Domestic Economy and Society reopens before foreign travel. If that’s today great but it’s the height of insanity to do it the other way around.

SF backed the Digital Cert, which you are no railing against.

And you don’t want people highlighting your beloved FF and their incompetence.

Cute.

SF supported the Green Cert though, Fulvio must have missed the memo.

I don’t think there are many parties that don’t. Perhaps People before Profit.

My “beloved” Fianna Fail have made a bollocks of an awful lot of things. Blaming them for not having a shared approach with NI is however the height of hypocrisy considering you know the DUP would never agree to it.

Do you have any other Captain Obvious statements to come out with this afternoon?

How is it the height of hypocrisy. FFG and the DUP were on the same page here, none of them wanted to engage with each other. Why you think it necessary to cast the blame on the DUP solely is beyond me. They are both to blame equally and I’ve never said anything to the contrary.

That doesn’t back up what you are saying.

It seems to me that vaccines are broadly effective in that they will largely prevent serious symptoms, and are likely to significantly inhibit transmission, but that’s a different thing altogether to what you claimed - that they are 100% effective at stopping contraction and transmission. My reading is that we still don’t know for sure exactly how effective vaccines are stopping contraction, never mind transmission, and we probably won’t know that for a while.

Vaccines are great but they aren’t foolproof and rely on critical mass being achieved at a population level to achieve maximum effect.

You consistently misrepresent my argument.

I’m not pro/anti travel. I just happen to think it’s the point of insanity when it happens before society has reopened properly. It’s doing things arseways.

We’ll be in Damascus waiting for you with pints while you are walking back and forward on the road.

You are against the Digital Green Cert being operational by July.

SF support it.

You admit that we cannot stop travel from Belfast even.

Your argument makes no sense unfortunately.

So you were wrong on exactly what the vaccines do. Sound.

No. I was right. The Israeli and US evidence shows it. No masks and no social distancing now in US under CDC guidance.

You’ll get there eventually too. Until then keep walking the road and deny the science.

3 Likes

Well I don’t see why you’d want to be travelling internationally unless it was absolutely necessary. Two weeks in Torremolinos definitely isn’t necessary.