Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

Surely disapproves of a patriarch figure indulging in consumer capitalism

what are you basing this on?

A survey he did of 63% of people he met in the past hour

Of course you would, you always assume.

Atheists arenā€™t allowed enjoy Christmas now either? Thatā€™s more of it.

Would you ever off back to the Iona institute with the other fundamentalist catholic nutjobs.

several elements of seethe in the above post.

of course, youre confusing carousing in the GBS with the true meaning of christmas; a celebration of the birth of christ.

also, i have no idea what the final sentence means

1 Like

Next week in Unaā€™s column

The New Year is coming, have you considered how you can prepare for this?

4 Likes

how prescient!!!

no wonder @glasagusban sees her as a latter day nostradamus

1 Like

Save The Christmas.

Weā€™re a country of simple minded cunts.

20 Likes

Thereā€™ll be twice or three times as many house partyā€™s now in the next 6 weeks as there was back in March/April.

The house parties back then didnā€™t kick in properly until the May Bank Holiday.

yeah november is party season alright, again, what are you basing this on?

I had ye told a long way out that the peak was going to Easter weekend and got a lambasting for it.

you trigger the lads Glas

If I said up theyā€™d say down. Along they come then months later and prove me right.

1 Like

what?

Thereā€™s a bank holiday weekend coming up, do you seriously think young people are going to sit at home watching Netflix?

Same for every weekend throughout this sorry mess. They have no games to play/no work or college lectures for most/no pubs.

If you seriously think young people are going to comply like they did in March you can forget it.

1 Like

They should organize massive outdoor raves for them like they did in the UK.

Nah, that was the peak, you claimed it was going to be the surge week

@EstebanSexface, exhibit A.

1 Like

Yeah NPHET are working under the assumption of where we are at now it will take 3 weeks to get cases to 250 a day and another 3 weeks to get it to 50 a day. I dont see it myself but thats what their expert modellers are working off. I think you will see a lot less buy in. Cases will come down a small bit due to non essential shops being closed and less meeting points for people and they might feel validated in their approach but by mid January we will be up around a 1000 a day again.

1 Like

why do you think that?