Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

In my non medically qualified opinion you are a classic hypochondriac who also suffers from neurosis, throw in frequent bouts of delusional paranoia and it all paints one sorrowful picture. Now can you accept that?

I’m not really interested in your amateur psychology - you’re as shit at that as you are at everything else - but I’ll take you up on that rant - how would the fact that I’ve been out to pubs several times during the summer (including indoors a couple of times) tally with what you say?

You didn’t answer the question by the way.

Would it be acceptable in your eyes if I did have Covid anxiety?

It’s a simple yes or no question.

So if the vaccination was 100% effective and vaccinated lads are twice as likely to get infected and the the booster is 95% effective does this mean that after the booster you’re 5% or 2.5% less protected than an unvaccinated person?

“Rant” :grin: I already alluded to how you cope in attempting to live a somewhat normal life, glad the meds are helping.

You are the greatest weasel here for refusing to answer Yes or No questions so you can scratch your own itch now.

I’m probably the most up front poster here at answering Yes or No questions. Are you going to answer the question?

Would it be acceptable in your eyes if I did have Covid anxiety?

Yes or No?

Sure you are buddy, sure you are.

Are you going to answer the question, friend?

How is that clamp fitting you? Too tight?

You’re not making any sense at all.

Are you going to answer the question?

Covid is airborne anyone who Denys it is a moron. If its a surface only disease it would be so transmissible considering how much sanitisation of surfaces is done

Well you see what I don’t get is that particular posters here make great play of the fact - and it is a fact - that Covid is airborne and transmits massively through aerosols (I’m not saying it cannot transmit through droplets or surfaces).

And yet those particular posters hang on the every word of Carl Heneghan, who has consistently denied or spread doubt about the fact that Covid is airborne. Heneghan is very close to the “Great Barrington Declaration” set.

And simultaneously, they vilify the likes of ISAG and Independent SAGE and like minded people who have been shouting from the rooftops for the entirety of the pandemic about Covid being airborne.

None of this tallies, except that these posters took a decision early in the pandemic that they would eulogise one and vilify the others.

ie. That they would use cult of personality to guide them.

Never a good idea, and not a good idea at all in this case.

1 Like

Thanks bro

Woah - that would mean America under Donald Trump created the virus?!

Fucking hell!

Lock him up!!!

Look we disagree on the approach to covid but it took so long for experts to admit that it’s airborne. This is one of the issues I have with masks is the experts who advocate masks say its droplets and that covid will not spread if you wear one. If its airborne that most masks are useless unless n95/ffp2 or better.

My real question is what size is the particals and is the mask advice accurate? If n95 is required, are we not being told to use these as it will massively strain supply? I had to source these at the start of covid as they were required ppe for my job. It was a nightmare. Also very annoying to wear.

Covid is clearly airborne we can agree on that.

I read that with Joe rogans fauci impression

The dynamics of masks appear to me to be like the dynamics of vaccines. They work best when everybody wears them.

That applies to any type of mask. Any mask is better than not wearing any. Obviously the better the mask the better the protection.

There is also the psychological aspect to masks - that of respecting other people and respecting the seriousness of the virus.

And that’s why this is such a culture war issue - the culture war as always only being waged by one side - the loony side. Their denialist worldview depends on disrespecting and denying the seriousness of the virus and refusing to wear masks is a very visible demonstration of that.

Like with all types of fascism, there’s a deep seated psychological need to not appear physically weak in any way. That need is paradoxically driven by a deep seated insecurity about physical prowess.

Basically those who refuse to wear masks are big fuckin’ babies.

Some people have genuine medical reasons, certified by their medical practitioners, for not wearing face coverings.

And if they have genuine medical reasons for not doing so, that’s fine.

If they don’t, and they’re objecting because they don’t like having to wear masks, they’re big fuckin’ babies.

Wearing a mask isn’t too much of an issue for me I do wear them but don’t see any benefits.

I don’t think the blue ones are any good, slightly better than people wearing rags. Don’t get me started on the roaster visor.

I only think that they would be effective of everyone wore the correct mask based on the airborne partials etc. But I suspect there isn’t enough supply for people to change daily.

There is a culture war issue in anti maskers just to be contrary in the main (as I said I just wear it as no one needs to listen to me shite on about them being a cod). Over on the states there is a pro trump statement about anti masks. Same folk are anti vax which makes no sense to me. Masks will be gone when the pandemic is over.

When you’re out and about, and you see someone not wearing a face covering, what’s your immediate reaction? Do you see a non-face covering wearer in a shop and think “what a big fuckin’ baby”, or do you assume they have a genuine medical reason? Are you enraged, or filled with empathy?