Diet & Nutrition

What does HIIT stand for and involve? High Intensity something i assume?

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 1078259, member: 2269”]What does HIIT stand for and involve? High Intensity something i assume?[/QUOTE]High Intensity Interval training, it is absolutely unreal as a cardio workout, I do a 25 minutes session at least once and sometimes twice a day if I am not doing a weights session, its all about the intensity, I bring a real sense of purpose when I do it, the sweat is absolutely pouring out of me after 20 minutes, I do mine on the bike, flat out for 30 seconds on the hardest level, then break for 1 minute 30, then go again, repeat as much as you want I get my heart rate going up to 180, that’s what you want, not messing around for an hour jogging, mugging yourself off

I’ve heard this. People are wired differently for this stuff. A fella could do 45mins or an hour of running but 15mins full blast on a bike is way better for him. But how do you know which category you are in? You say the hardest level, it goes up to about 15 in difficulty, you mean your peddling the shit out of it at 15?

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 1078263, member: 2269”]you mean your peddling the shit out of it at 15?[/QUOTE]try to, the highest level in our gym is 30, I get bored if i am running about jogging or some shit like that for an hour, so you won’t stick at it, using this method you are in and out fast, and you are working too hard to get bored, you really have to grind it out by the end and get a savage bit of cardio done, (also, for a highly successful professional like me, time is important)

Do you do anything else or just the bike? You must weigh fuck all, i’d say you are like a featherweight with the way you’re carrying on with proper nutrition and exercise. The women must be throwing themselves down in front of you when you get off the bike. I bet you don’t even wear O’Neill’s socks and togs to the gym like the typical Irish roasters, like @Mac and his ilk.

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 1078270, member: 2269”]Do you do anything else or just the bike? You must weigh fuck all, i’d say you are like a featherweight with the way you’re carrying on with proper nutrition and exercise. The women must be throwing themselves down in front of you when you get off the bike. I bet you don’t even wear O’Neill’s socks and togs to the gym like the typical Irish roasters, like @Mac and his ilk.[/QUOTE]I do a weights session as well, usually in the morning, I’m down 5 kilo’s since the 11th of January when I got really serious about it, the diet is the crucial element, I get some looks alright off the ladies, my face is getting thinner and fit looking, in fact two women let me out at Junctions this evening, you never get that in London, its amazing, my life is changing in way I could never have imagined this time last year

I find a diet is hard to stick too I eat on the run a lot with being busy at work some evenings I get home at 8:30 and eat a dinner which I know is bad…fizzy drinks are my real down fall…any advice?

[QUOTE=“Sam Swarek, post: 1078347, member: 2293”]I find a diet is hard to stick too I eat on the run a lot with being busy at work some evenings I get home at 8:30 and eat a dinner which I know is bad…fizzy drinks are my real down fall…any advice?[/QUOTE]you are addicted to sugar, you need to knock it on the head before you can make progress, stop drinking that crap for a start

Don’t eat dinner late at night and stop drinking fizzy drinks

use coke zero as a stepping stone to get off the fizzy drinks

I don’t think dinner late at night makes a difference to anything. If it’s a healthy enough dinner the time you consume it shouldn’t matter. I just finished mine.

Fizzy drinks are for mugs, i didn’t think people were still drinking fizzy drinks in this day and age.

Sparkling water helped me kick my fizzy drink habit.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1078415, member: 1786”]Sparkling water [/QUOTE]it will destroy your stomach

I don’t use a gym anymore. All my exercise takes place outside in fresh air. Air conditioned gyms are for mugs.

As an aside, a small bit of granola in porridge - yay or nay?

It was only a stepping stone.
I now drink pints of still water in the evening.

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 1078418, member: 109”]I don’t use a gym anymore. All my exercise takes place outside in fresh air. Air conditioned gyms are for mugs.

As an aside, a small bit of granola in porridge - yay or nay?[/QUOTE]don’t mind that, granola is full of sugar, coconut oil is what you want in porridge

I usually put in coconut oil a chopped banana and a small bit of honey. I’d had a banana before running into work this morning so tried a bit of granola instead with the honey and coconut oil. It was vicious sweet but I never even got a thought of hunger until nearly 2pm.

@Mac.
Home made granola- princess style- porridge oats 400g, mixed seeds 120g, mixed nuts 80kg, flaked almonds 1/2 packet, 4 tablespoons coconut oil, 4 table spoons of honey (melted in microwave for 15 seconds) mix it up and whack it on grease proof paper in a dish and into the oven for 25 mins at 140 degrees. Unreal.

1 Like

Agree with you 100% it’s very hard to quit is my problem - usually when I’m hungry and don’t have time to eat a fizzy drink staves the hunger, I know it’s pure shit etc etc and not a healthy way to live