Directions From Dublin Airport

8 Likes

That’s awful thirsty

People living their best lives. Fair play to them hopefully the sports teams i support get a chance like that

Like a third world airport

3 Likes

Hardly their best lives if it’s vicariously through someone else’s sporting achievements… a hobby at best …

1 Like

Imagine the excitement you’d feel if Celtic ever played a game that mattered

1 Like

I see the problem here …You equate Excitement to living your best life… great to enjoy a match or occasion but agin it’s hardly living your best life

Easy there Abraham Maslow. It was just a jab.

1 Like

Came in through Dublin airport very early this morning. Our flight was late taking off as it was late in landing at the other end. I was told it was chaos through Dublin airport going out yesterday at times. 1 hour 20 mins to queue to get to security check.

Any way once we landed there was no free gate to leave us embark so we were stuck on the plane for 20 mins until they found one at T2.

Made our way to luggage reclaim in T1 and it was like a zombie apocalypse. Unclaimed luggage everywhere. Disconsolate people crowded around the carousels and people asleep on the floor. This was well gone 2am. At the carousel we were at more bags stacked up in the middle of the floor.

Got outside and I’d say a good couple of hundred people waiting for taxis and 1 or 2 around is all.
Thankfully we were getting collected so we avoided all that.

5 Likes

Jesus Christ. Horrific

Edgy :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Total carnage there this morning. What a shambles

Last night was incredible. I sent one of the lads down with a group of Ukrainians and there were a few elderly women in it so I told him wait with them to help their bags. He rang me 1hr and 10 mins later to tell me he was still there and the bags hadn’t come through. It’s beyond a shambles at the moment and they’re expecting it to stay like this for some time. Avoid the place if at all possible

2 Likes

Why has this happened all of a sudden ?

I was told today that when they laid off people / made them redundant during covid that they got them to sign a form saying they could not reapply for those positions again. Because of that these trained and previously vetted can’t take up former roles again.
That’s surely just rubbish?

RTE man lectures the little people

3 Likes

Unsurprising Dublin Airport is short staffed given UEFA outsourced the organisation of crowd control at last night’s Champions League final to them.

The taxi thing needs sorting. The mean cunts in DAA need to go back to small annual fee and then a pay as you use charge. This charging whopper for annual access means cabbies can’t be fucked stumping up and we’re left with hour long queues for people arriving into the country. Not the best first impression being made.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s was fairly cold too at that stage last night, didn’t bother me as I’d be ok with the cold. But you could see people disgruntled and feeling it as they queued and they weren’t locals so not a good look.
Plus they have a barrier down now so even trying to get picked up at arrivals is a nuisance.