FAO Rocko

@Rocko and other people who know how to look stuff up. Can ye find the first time corona virus, covid 19 or whatever was mentioned on the site?

1 Like

January 21st, The Wuhan clan thread.

1 Like

Was that the First time or was it mentioned in other threads before that?

I predicted it around August 2009 but none of you cunts would listen…

February 6th in general election thread is the earliest I can find it

I stand corrected, @Batigol

I may well be patient zero here

2 Likes

Move in, now

According to @Mac it was mentioned earlier than Jan 21 on Feb 6.

1 Like

Remember in March when we were locking down for two weeks and that seemed an awful long time. :joy:

1 Like

It was all a bit of a distant curiosity for a few months. Then the Italians got their hands on it. I knew we were fucked then.

1 Like

When you think about it the whole thing is some cluster fuck

I had it August 2019, a respiratory illness that lasted five weeks that baffled not one but two doctors, fucked tired, hard to breathe. I went to Milan in November so brought it there. I am the monkey in outbreak.

I felt it would be like the original SARS or maybe the swine flu. Disinfectant at the airport. Warnings against going to China. An ad on the telly asking for money.

Instead it (or more specifically the response to it) has completely destroyed our society

I feel that we wouldn’t have reacted like this 10 years ago. I reckon it would have been like sars or swine flu. But every little problem has become bigger in the last decade thanks mainly to social media and trumpism.

2 Likes

I provided evidence while you provided conjecture. Much like how the whole saga played out

That’s because it was a proper lockdown. We were actually all stuck at home with kids.

Is the new one only a pretend lockdown?

It’s an enforced closure of shops and pubs