Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

I thought to myself when I watched the clip:

“There’s a man whose views are like our @Arthur ’s.”

2 Likes

It’s clear that the random, knock-out elimination format is causing a drop in attendances because people can’t plan ahead to attend them. We need a competition format where counties are in groups and each county in the group plays every other county, with the fixtures known well in advance. You could even play it on a home and away basis.

https://twitter.com/analysisgaa/status/1806766125541163388?s=46

1 Like

Only 5 week to the Cork hurling championship. A feast of games. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Amazing how that Gahliban are always much closer to the attendances at the rubby than they are to the GGA

This was outstanding predicting. Attendance was 30,509.

This week I’ll go with 65,809 (Saturday) and 42,384 (Sunday).

Still no Hogan stand upper seats for sale for todays games. So your prediction is looking optimistic.

Worrying if even a crowd attendance bear like me is proven too optimistic.

1 Like

Too much on, fucking split season

Playing an All Ireland Minor Hurling Final at the exact same time is just mental stuff.

3 Likes

That’s shocking for Club players in Cork. Waiting around all year for the club championship to get going on the August bank holiday weekend. Sure most people head off holidays in August as well.

Since i was a child club championship has been played in August in Cork. All year to go on holidays.

1 Like
1 Like

sure at least they know when it is on and they have league matches in the early summer

I cant see what is shocking about this

1 Like

Are you new around here?

1 Like

He’s a bit slow bless him

Only 49k there today. Perhaps Galway’s greatest football performance ever as they end the Dublin era.

A game which should have captured the August imagination, reduced to the paywalled margins in June.

At the same time it commanded enough attention to deflect away from what sounded like one of the greatest ever Tipperary hurling victories in the children’s final which should have taken place before the senior final between Cork and Clare at Croke Park on Sunday September 1st.

3 Likes

Micheál O’Muircheartaigh’s words there paying due recognition to the role of September, to the feeling of finality that accompanied All-Ireland finals.

Beyond them was only winter. Then, eventually, another spring.

Now, beyond them lies much of the rest of summer, and a very long autumn, and a very long winter. Beyond that lies another downsized championship in front of a few oddballs beginning in the muck and rain of the first Sunday in April.

2 Likes

Thank fuck someone is standing up to the anti-club lunatics.

Unless they are willing to take a stand against the power of the intercounty manager, we have no option.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/gbayfm/status/1807158041902473441?t=nXhz5f1Nq7O_hyjXE5AYSQ&s=19

1 Like