GAA Turning Professional - Choco does a Breheny

Professional to what end? Say a chap was called into his county panel probably as a panellist, does he jack in the day job and see how it goes? Do they have squads on various lengths of contracts? I donā€™t think the GAA is widespread enough to support full time professionalism

Stop ripping off my ideas, mate.

1 Like

We need to think about the product

1 Like

The drugs will sell themselves once we get the Dubs in the door

Lads, should we do an auld whiparound for Lee Chin?

Very unhealthy message being sent there.

An odd one alright.

Does Lee realise he plays for Wexford.

1 Like

Linkā€¦

some poor decisions being made. Lee is grand now getting the few pound from Eir and whatever other sponsors will throw a few bob at him. When he is ten years down the line and finished playing, he wont find it as easy to coin handy money and will be left fucked.

He must be an awful lazy cunt. doesnt work but still gets his mammy to make him lovely dinners. Iā€™m resisting the urge to insert a stereotypical joke here about the family restaurant.

4 Likes

He can always go back to being a barber. Itā€™s one of the few trades that technology wonā€™t put out of business.

Typical GGA cunt leachinā€™ money.

2 Likes

Christ.

I see what you did there. :brendan:

He must be as thick as pigshit and sounds very immature. A basic business course is a piece of piss for someone to bluster through, let alone someone with a bit of profile who the college will hold their hand through the degree with to get them through.

Iā€™d say he is thick as two planks - I read another interview a few months back and he was going on about wanting to be a salesman and have a company car. As @Gman said, in a few years time when the hurling is over he wonā€™t have a pot to piss in unless he works in the family take away. Some of these GGA fellas have serious notions of themselves and think they are premiership players or something. Iā€™d be surprised if Chin has a Leinster medal by the time he finishes up.

Jamie Barron was another one last week. Going out and saying heā€™d be a primary teacher just to suit his hurling. Fair enough, he has something to fall back on, but what decent school in their right mind would employ someone who has absolutely zero interest in teaching other than the hours being given to him. Itā€™s one thing to think that way, but to be so public about it is just dumb.

And despite that, Iā€™m sure there will be some principal somewhere in Waterford who will be only delighted to have him on their staff, and piss off every other teacher there as a result.

3 Likes

I can see why a lot of managers are reluctant to let players talk to journalists .

6 Likes

FFS 99% of these lads intercounty lads who teach are only teachers because of the handy hours and the summers off.Hes only telling the truth.

1 Like

Yes but it doesnā€™t send a great message to parents of those kids he teaches . Best keep the aul mouth shut .