Giving to Charity

Let the man get on with it ffs and say no more about it, give your donation and fuck up. Fuck this inner sanctum shit, pure" I’m in the know, we’re all on strava crap"

7 Likes

Always stand beside the fat guy…

1 Like

Calm down you grumpy cunt

1 Like

Missed that amongst the grouching

How’d you go today, tough day for it

It was tough alright. A few biblical downpours. Didn’t feel it on the Vee but came round after lunch. Fantastic reception in Limerick, St John’s Castle, free pints, food and great speeches. Here in the George now, Guinness is going down well :+1:

11 Likes

Fair play @Locke :clap:

1 Like

It’s a fantastic cycle @Locke , good luck.

1 Like

Question for the fellas longer in the tooth than myself, how did the donations for live aid etc work? Was it just added to your phone bill or what? Considering there was little credit cards about than.

It was done on a trust system, you pledged money

1 Like

And how did you pay it?

You went into the bank on Monday, or you could post it to an address (Geldof said ‘fuck the address’)

3 Likes

Fair enough. Something for the things I learned today tread.

On a separate note on geldof, he did an interview in UL a few years back with sinead o connors brother (he’s an English professor). I went to it and they spoke a lot about live aid. Fierce interesting. He donated the correspondence from live aid to the Irish goverment (we pay for storage). Would be great to have all that in a museum

1 Like

Joe O’Connor, not an academic as such, he sometimes teaches in the creative writing masters programme,
Possibly our finest living writer.
I know I’m in a minority but I like Geldof, he wrote some cracking tunes

2 Likes

But did he really?

How much of what was pledged was actually gathered?

Hmmm.

Fuck all, a cod

He most certainly did. I like geldof also. I think the purple and the pinstripe of the toxic state he grew up in drove him half cracked, and Paula Yates finished him off. He’ll have left the world a better place.

Oh no thought they seemed a good group, suppose in so far as can know.

Zenon Geldof, is a mob boss and paedo elite satanic guild