Graeme Souness

Id say people think you’re a bit of an oddball when you start asking them questions like that.

6 Likes

I’d wager that was the first time those Glasgow Celtic fans had ever found a need to go and look for fruit.

1 Like

It’s really only the likes of lapsed Man U fan @dodgy_keeper that’s calling Souey a bigot. That’s all because of his Liverpool connections no doubt. @dodgy_keeper sneers at the Hillsborough victims and their families to score points on those dastardly scousers.

Man U super fan @BruidheanChaorthainn getting in on the act as well of course and the Pretend IRA Glasgow Celtic crew.

3 Likes

No surprise to see a racist defend sounness.

Correct @anon67715551. Her Majesty been carried to her final resting place in Windsor on Monday and we get this contribution from @BruidheanChaorthainn. He does seem to have carte blance from @Rocko and the administrators to carry on as he pleases and a blind eye is usually shown to him.

I’m above the law

as a compromise, i propose an infraction for that yammering simpleton for the smiley face

I’m going to undergo the same racial awareness course chairman Dan told us Neil Francis undertook

3 Likes

Racism called out or tolerated here depending on who the perpetrators are?

Souey has really nailed it here.

‘They have damaged the club beyond belief’: Graeme Souness slams Celtic fans for their behaviour following the death of the Queen… after they held up ‘f*** the crown’ banners and chanted ‘if you hate the Royal Family clap your hands’

Graeme Souness insists the behaviour of Celtic fans following the death of the Queen has damaged the club ‘beyond belief’.

The Rangers legend and Sportsmail columnist also believes that major sponsors will now give Celtic a wide berth due to the conduct of some supporters.

Graeme Souness insists the behaviour of Celtic fans following the death of the Queen has damaged the club ‘beyond belief’.

The Rangers legend and Sportsmail columnist also believes that major sponsors will now give Celtic a wide berth due to the conduct of some supporters.

A section of fans unfurled an offensive anti-monarchy banner at last week’s Champions League game against Shakhtar Donetsk in Poland. That was then followed by chants of ‘If you hate the Royal Family clap your hands’ during a minute’s applause for Her Majesty prior to the game against St Mirren last Sunday.

Ange Postecoglou had asked for respect to be shown in his pre-match interviews, although Celtic as a club have declined to make any public statement on the matter.

Speaking on talkSPORT, Souness claimed that Celtic are now the ‘unacceptable face of Scottish football’.

‘Whatever I say on this, people will say they expect that because I was employed by Glasgow Rangers and I’m a Rangers fan,’ he said.

'But you try to stand back a bit — and the eyes of the world were on this country in the last ten days.

'Celtic now have a major problem because if you’re a major company looking to sponsor a team in Britain or Scotland, would you consider Celtic anymore? Not at all.

‘In the eyes of the world, Celtic are now the unacceptable face of football in Scotland due to a minority of fans.’

Following his call for respect to be shown prior to the game in Paisley, Celtic boss Postecoglou was blunt with reporters and declined to comment on the matter post-match following the chants from supporters.

Celtic are now the subject of a UEFA investigation following the Champions League match in Poland and Souness believes the continued silence from Parkhead powerbrokers is only causing more harm.

He said: 'By the decision-makers at Celtic being silent on this matter, they’re compounding the problem.

'This is not just a talking point in Scotland. It’s a talking point throughout the world. They have shot themselves in the foot big-time.

'It is a minority who are guilty of this but also a minority that are damaging the brand of Celtic — synonymous with being the first British team to win the European Cup, great success and an absolute institution in Scotland — beyond belief.

'If you’re a Rangers fan, it’s happy days. They want the silence to continue. They (Celtic) are shooting themselves in the foot.

'They (the club) should have been out days ago condemning this.

'And for everyone who doesn’t like Celtic the music is brilliant and (they) want it to keep going.

‘The eyes of the world were on Great Britain and I have to stress it’s a minority. I have pals who are Celtic fans and are condemning this, so why aren’t the club?’

Didn’t another club chant Lizzie’s in a box before a game at Ibrox?

He hasnt condemned the Scotland fans yet?

Scotland Fans Boo Queens Minutes Applause / 3-0 Ukraine - YouTube

I hadn’t heard about any booing at Ibrox.

lets hope he doesnt hear the words to the super trouper song

yes, there was a lot of anti monarchy songs at ibrox too

Who were the away fans at Ibrox last weekend?

woah mate, this was a rangers event, the buck stops with them

why hasnt he commented on the Scotch fans booing?

1 Like

Does he have to comment on it? Booing by anyone in the Scotland soccer community of Her Late Majesty is just beyond the pale. Quite apart from a lifetime of selfless service and public duty, Her Majesty was the long serving Patron of the Scottish Football Association.

well if he only comments on the fans of the team he hates of & doesnt comment on the fans of the team he likes when they both did the same thing, it weakens his point