Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Without doubt

Just a shame itā€™s full of Italians.

1 Like

Spot the Muldoons here :joy:

Without doubt.

Iā€™d love to go to Naples for a day just to see if itā€™s really as much of a shithole as they make out in Gommarah. Seems to be no end of abandoned buildings for them to film in

The waterfront area of Naples is beautiful. Itā€™s also an hours drive to the Amalfi coast which is breathtaking. The urban sprawl of Naples is a bit of a shithole alright.

Tropea looks beautiful but is quite hard to get to.

Tuscany is wonderful. Stayed in a hilltop village near Montepulciano, Montalcino and Siena. Flew into Ryanair Rome and drove up. Youā€™d need a car to get anything out of a Tuscan holiday.

1 Like

Would you chance the Italian backroads home after a few spritzers?

I didnā€™t.

Iā€™m trying to come up with ideas for a 1 (one) week holiday in early May. Outside Ireland but donā€™t want to travel too far and donā€™t want the destination to be too hot. Would Iceland be any use? Looking for somewhere different to well worn France, Italy and Spain paths.

If you havenā€™t been to Berlin I think itā€™s the best city in Europe that Iā€™ve been to and you could put down four nights there the finest. If you wanted to stretch it to a week thereā€™s a few nice medieval towns in Germany you could visit as well.

1 Like

Have you ever been to Germany?

Yes, I was there when @Rocko went through the shopping centre window before we headed onto Poland for Euro 2012. I havenā€™t seen much of the rest of the country though. Any particular towns youā€™d recommend?

I mentioned this before, but if I ever pass my driving test then Iā€™d love to go over to England on the car ferry and tour around for a week. Just checking out all these quaint villages in middle England and drinking afternoon tea and pints of bitter in the evenings. Seeing the red post boxes and walking along beautifully manicured gardens. This England is meant to be a great place.

Yeah Iā€™d like to do a few nights around Cornwall myself at some stage.

That is a good idea. Ferry to Liverpool, a few days in the cotswolds and down through bath to devon/Cornwall, home by rosslare.

Or in reverse

Looking at DUB->KEF, KEF->CPH, CPH->DUB. 5 days in Reykjavik and 3 days in Copenhagen and back to Dublin before the start of the Leinster hurling round robin.

Go to Norway for a week, particularly if you have no real use for money. Bergen is lovely when itā€™s dry.

2 Likes

Youā€™ll be bored out of your skull in rejkavik for five days.

4 days?