Holidays

It’s great, we were there last year as was @Rocko.

A few tips I gave to rocko below

Holidays

1 Like

Yep. Her iPod screen is fucked and unless she’s somewhere that has wifi she can’t FaceTime us so the iPhone makes sense.

Ps. We won’t go down the too young for a phone road, the majority of her mates all have them and any child now without them is only a nerd, I’m not sure I agree with it but that’s the way now.

I’ll have a conf call with @iron_mike in the lead up to the this. I’m sure he has a cheat sheet on this stuff given recent experiences.

1 Like

Laugh it off but it’s a cuntish thing to say in response to a genuine mistake. Nobody will take that lying down, some things are not fair game.

6 Likes

Send on the dial in details when you set it up

1 Like

FFS

Only bland Fran would go back to the exact same resort

11 night in lanzarotte in August, a day in cork either side of it and a possible week in Tenerife in Dec. That’s my travel this year.

Almost forgot 2 x nights in Portlaoise too, a session with the lads and a likely meet up with my e-buddy @myboyblue, also a few nights drinking/ working in Dublin in November too.

:pint:

We flew out on Stephens Day the Xmas before last and did 10 days there. Would do it again. Everything fully open out there. Weather can be a bit hit and miss. We got sunshine and mid 20’s temps for the time but apparently that was the first year in years that it didn’t rain.

1 Like

isn’t it funny how the year you happened to be there was the first time in years it didn’t rain

@ironmoth was right about you being a walter mitty narcissist

1 Like

I didn’t find it funny at all really. You must have a fairly warped sense of humour if you do think its funny.

I spent roughly €2000 last Christmas on 1 x night cork + 4 x nights in Killarney. Now that did include a fair bit of shopping for the kids that’ll keep them dressed for 2017.
I can get 7 nights B & B in Tenerife for €1500 so I think I might chance it. However that doesn’t include parking and travel to Dublin etc and we still have to feed oursleves out there.

Edit. I also forgot airport transfers and insurance etc.

Could you not get a flight from Shannon or Cork. Myself and herself got a flight from Shannon a couple of years back. Having said that it was during the summer

:rollseyes:

You’re worse than @Horsebox for spoofing

No. Very very limited options from either place.
I think there was one flight but it’s sold out months ago.

Sigh

The budget will be blown on the stag. An early season trip to Anfield to watch the champions elect and the greatest manager in the world Herr Klopp.

On my own at the moment, been on the road for 6 weeks now. Had an chance to travel due to a career move, so took the opportunity and handed in my notice early so I could get a decent break.

Colombia is great, one of the nicest countries I’ve been to. Cartagena is brilliant, especially the old walled city. Not sure if it fits ye’re ideal honeymoon destination, but I’d say there are plenty of great spots along the Carribbean coast. The water is warm and the sand is perfect, the better beaches being outside Cartagena. The old city is like something out of a pirate story, and the Getsemani neighbourhood is great too, very cultural and the best restaraunts are there. If you do decide to stay in Cartagena, I’d stay in the walled city or Bocagrande, which makes up for its touristy vibe by being central and having a great selection of hotels.

Medellin was unreal too, completely different type of place. Very relaxed city, with plenty of cool cafes, shops and bars. What the city lacks in major landmarks and attractions it has double in character and charm. They have a brilliant metro system which makes getting around a doddle, super cheap too. El Poblado is the best neighbourhood to stay in. There’s a coffee shop there called Pergamino, the coffee there is absolutely out of this world, definitely worth at least one visit. If you read up on Medellin, one of the things all the travel guides mention is Parque Arvi, a nature park in the hills above the city - being honest, I found it a bit of a waste, its too spread out to get to see much and the buses that take people around are a disaster. I’d recommend a day trip to Guatape, which is a lakeside town about 3 hours away. You can climb the giant Peñol rock there for views over the lake, take a cruise out to Escobar’s mansion and get a better feel for the country by stopping off in the small towns on the way.

I’ve arrived in Buenos Aires now for the week, heading to La Bombonera to see Boca Juniors play tomorrow evening, giddy doesn’t even cover it.

27 Likes

sounds good. have you any spanish or would you need it in both countries? are you coked to the gills?

2 Likes

Ah jaysus Blake, you have a lovely way about it you when it comes to making a fella jealous.