Iraq / Middle East / Murder Thread

[QUOTE=“Special Olympiakos, post: 992704, member: 366”]Saw a video of Russel Brand dissecting a Fox news “debate” on the issue.
It was shameful to see the way the presenter carried on tbh.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarren/russell-brand-tears-into-fox-news-anchor-over-his-reporting[/QUOTE]
ah that was farcical. Hannity was a disgrace, any reasonable Media Company would have fired him on the spot.

Indefensible…[ATTACH=full]1556[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 992655, member: 180”]THE TOWN OF Kinvara in Co Galway has become the first in Ireland to bring in a complete ban of Israeli goods over military action in Gaza.

Speaking to TheJournal.ie,Vicky Donnelly, one of the organisers of the boycott, explained that the action being taken had grown out of a desire to take move as a collective:

We wanted to take it a step further than individual actions. When doing it as individual consumers that is important, but we wanted to see if the community would come together to stop the slaughter.
“The national government are being really silent on this. To see local shops, local business support us. That is indicative of the kind of ground swell support that there is for this kind of action up and down the country.”

According to the 2006 census, Kinvara had a population of 1,160.

The move comes after a call by TrĂłcaire for a boycott on Israeli goods produced in settlements.

The organisation have said that such a move would be the first step towards ending the cycle of violence between Israel and Hamas. This call to action comes in the wake of the Seanad debate yesterday. On the boycott of West Bank settlements, executive director of Trócaire Éamonn Meehan said:

[INDENT]The Irish government believes the settlements to be illigal yet continues to economically incentivise their continued expansion by trading with them.
Since the Oslo peace process came into affect in 1992, the number of Israeli settlers in the West Bank has more than doubled. Over 500,000 settlers now live on occupied Palestinian land. The area of the West Bank allocated for settlements has grown to 42%.

Trade between the EU and Israeli settlements is estimated to be around €96 million a year. Last month, the Irish government issued advice to individuals and businesses not to carry out economic relations with Israeli settlements.

Source: Irish Gov

In 2013, trade between Israel and Europe amounted to €29.5 billion in goods trade. Of this €17 billion were EU exports. There was a further €7.8 billion of trade in services.

In 2012, current Minister for Foreign Affairs Charlie Flanagan called Trócaire “biased and partisan” organisation and described their campaign to boycott Israeli goods at the time as being “beyond their remit”.[/INDENT]
[/QUOTE]

that’s a lot of people without laptops and cellphones… those with Macs and iphones will be ok, anyone using windows or intel designs is fucked unless you are still allowed using Israeli technology / produce that was purchased before this cull…

fucking hell. :frowning:

@mickee321

Isn’t netanyahu’s old man some kind of an apocalyptic prophet? Read something about it a while back. Bibi believes that he is a man of destiny.

Israel have completely lost the media/ propaganda war, however you want to call it. But I don’t think they give a shit. Sort out the tunnels for sure, but no need to liquidize the civilians in the process.

Ironic that the first world wars’s origins were partly in the Middle East and 100 years we are back there again. High jinks in store in the next few years.

We dumped all our Stanley tools today in a skip. Not a huge value, maybe 4-500 dollars, but felt good anyway for what it is worth (really of only significance to me and the company I spend the money replacing it with). However, I felt a gesture was the minimum.

WTF?

Isn’t Stanley an American company?

[QUOTE=“balbec, post: 992742, member: 193”]@mickee321

Isn’t netanyahu’s old man some kind of an apocalyptic prophet? Read something about it a while back. Bibi believes that he is a man of destiny.

Israel have completely lost the media/ propaganda war, however you want to call it. But I don’t think they give a shit. Sort out the tunnels for sure, but no need to liquidize the civilians in the process.

Ironic that the first world wars’s origins were partly in the Middle East and 100 years we are back there again. High jinks in store in the next few years.[/QUOTE]

netanyahu is an arrogant psychopath, i do genuinely believe he thinks he is descended from God
i really dont think this Likud led government (its a very complicated right wing coalition) really give a shit what the rest of the world thinks, Naftali Bennet , head of the right wing Habayit Hayehudi party that also form this coalition belives Israel are doing the world a favor eliminating Hamas, that may very well be the case but i think Khaleed Mushal has mugged them off good and proper here from his penthouse in Qatar, the kidnap of the soldier today was a materstroke, they denied it just there saying it may have been another faction of islamic jihad but this is just buying time to smuggle him out of Gaza into Sinai.this is a wonderful bargaing chip now to release the Hamas prisoners… Hamas couldnt give a fuck about the civilian deaths, if they did they would stop firing these rockets, but the more Israel attack their tunnels and kill more civilians the stronger position it puts Hamas in… in effect we now have a terrorist organisation having the symapthy of the world.
this thing could have ended today but both of them escalated, we also had the first suicide bomb since the second intifada and thats a hugely symbolic act , the suicide bomber entered today via a tunnel at Keren Shalom, the soldier who was kidnapped and taken down a tunnel at Nahal Oz, three weeks of bombing tunnels and then when Bibi agrees to a ceasefire this happens…, thats a serious clamping by Hamas.
the hardliners are baying for blood in the knesset now.

WTF kev?.. they’re american?

Some lad on the job must have mugged off kev and his mates to get their tools.

i wonder is it the same fella who stole them a few years ago? probably a jew to make it worse

At least they weren’t stolen this time

Mickee, are the flights in and out of TA back to normal?

Channel 4 reporter says Israel broke ceasefire. He heard no outgoing fire and Israeli soldier was captured after ceasefire was broken.

Harrowing seeing people going back to their homes and nothing but rubble and dead bodies.

He came across a 4 year old girl found in the rubble with shrapnel in her arm. He said “she will survive but no one knows to whom she belongs”.

yes mac all good
my sister was here last week and flew back with easyjet last monday night with no issues
Tel Aviv is a bit subdued tho… it was like something from 28 days later last wednesday night when we went out for a few drinks, hope itll pick up soon

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 992759, member: 367”]yes mac all good
my sister was here last week and flew back with easyjet last monday night with no issues
Tel Aviv is a bit subdued tho… it was like something from 28 days later last wednesday night when we went out for a few drinks, hope itll pick up soon[/QUOTE]

I’m due to fly out on Monday week. Let me know if I shouldn’t.

you should be fine now, but i have no idea how this may escalate
the reason why Ben Gurion or “Boom Gurion” was closed was because a rocket fell 3k from the landing strip… the US then declared it a no fly zone and all airlines followed suit, the rockets are still falling, one fell in “open ground” near our place last night at half 2, some boom off the fucker, think it was one of those Iranian Fajrs , we are 1ok from the airport… anyway
apparently when there is a siren in the airport its a scene of total chaos with people screaming and shit, that would be about twice a day but those rockets are shot down

@mickee321 :clap:

Eh have I read this right, did that Mongoloid just dump his Stanley tools because he thought they were owned by a crowd of Yids? Stanley fucking Tools?!!

What a fucking spanner :smiley: