The Business Ideas thread

I dunno. They wouldn’t be worth what it cost to fill em anyway I’d say. I’ve a load of call cards too. They were supposed to be worth money when I was collecting them, but they are worthless apparently

1 Like

I think I vaguely remember having some 1994 GAA All Star sticker album or something like that.

New additions to the service after today’s run

1. getting a sheep out of a fence it’s stuck in
  2. intermediate level navigation in fog and mist
  3. providing entertainment and/or eye candy for middle aged female hikers by jumping in the river at the end. 10 of them decided to spend five minutes standing on the bridge eyeing us up.
1 Like

I’ve one lying around the home place somewhere. Father was broke buying sticker packs :see_no_evil:

Roscommon flags are all the rage at the moment. The next thing will be hanging them from Eircom poles the length and breadth of the country like the days of the black flags in the 80’s.

1 Like

More like the blue and yellow fertiliser bags on telephone poles so beloved of the banjo players in the 90s

Ah here, the championship is 6-8 weeks away yet.

A travel ethics course. For people when travelling abroad.

Course will consist of

1. How to behave in an airport
  2. How to check in online
  3. How to pack your bag and drop it at the desk in an efficient manner (if applicable)
  4. How to get through security. Being prepared and getting coats/belts off, laptops out, liquids on top the bag, loading items into trays, walking through the metal detector when signalled
  5. How to queue
  6. Where is appropriate to stop (dont stop suddenly in corridors for no fucking reason)
  7. How to board at gate
  8. How to embark on planes (no difference between top of queue and back tbf)
  9. How to enter a plane and store luggage
  10. How not be a cunt to other passengers on the plane (not sitting in a seat not allocated to you as you want the aisle seat or moving you seat back without asking)
  11. Being polite to all airport and airline staff
  12. Disembarking the plane
  13. Being prepared for passport control
  14. Not overcrowding the baggage reclaim if your bag is not on the belt.

The tfk airport expert @Batigol will be drafted in as head of operations and training.

Target the Dep of forgien affairs to ensure that all irish passport renewals are required to undgergo this intensive training before issuing of passports. Try and get ryanair to sponser it to help turnaround times.

Intial rollout will follow the vaccine rollout protocols targeting the older age cohorts.

By christ you experience some ignorance during air travel. Particularly from auld bats.

Long term planning is to roll out across sectors of society on not being ignorant cunts, particularly people who never worked in a service industry

1 Like

You must have had a bad experience recently

You’d wonder how some people at airports manage to dress themselves tbh.

It’s the look of surprise when they reach the scanners that always amuses me.

1 Like

Fire on the cheque there

Would you ever fuck off to Boards.ie ?

2 Likes

The amazement when their bag gets taken out for searching because it’s got a bottle of water in it.

They all manage to get through in the end. Some of ye could do with giving yourselves a bit more time in the airport, relax a bit and not be worrying about other people.

3 Likes

My missus, literally, goes mental when some auld wan isn’t 100% ready to go when her turn comes to meet the scanner. We’re usually half way across the Atlantic by the time she has calmed down

1 Like

I’d also add that security staff could do with taking someone forgetting that they had a belt on a little less personally.

I agree with @Fagan_ODowd, the man has wisdom. This stuff irritated me in the past, but it’s hardly that big a deal. Mild frustration is grand but people going apoplectic in these situations are stranger than the harmless old dears. You might need to buy your other half a voucher for anger management classes for Christmas. Same principle applies to folks losing the head when they’re behind a learner driver going slowly or something. Relax to fuck like.

2 Likes

Or slip a shot of whiskey into her cereal before departing for the airport

On a related topic, its always fun to see the reactions of busy business men when you bring the kids through the fast track queue.

1 Like