Joe Duffy's Liveline

Which caller were you?

3 Likes

:joy: :joy:

RTE have put themselves in a bind here and there’s no way out: if they go seeking Pride approval, as they did in 2015, they will be in hock to them and will also alienate a lot of normal people who wish to have a reasonable debate on trans. if they allow reasonable debate they will be attacked by any number of quangos and virtue signallers.

2 Likes

I laughed heartily at the chap who remained a supporter of Gemma O’Doherty until very recently classing himself as a “normal person”.

I didn’t hear any of it. was this a trans person or what? Were there trans people on it? I can see why some people might be upset if RTÉ says it’s having a debate on trans stuff and what they present then is some unsubstantiated or anecdotal scare story about golf club dressing rooms.

if only there were some way you could listen back to the show so you could actually post on what happened…

4 Likes

What?

listen back to the show, gobshite

Do your own research.

Anything at all will set you off these days, even a reasonable enough question for someone who had listened to it. Settle down.

1 Like

Mam of a trans teen was on.

Second time they’ve thrown the toys out of the pram ? Surprising for such a balanced and coherent group to make a rash decision ensuring the message they want to communicate won’t now be communicated by the national broadcaster

1 Like

I havent listened or done my own research but am i right in saying joe said you cant say that and the producer cut the caller off. Joe apologies and cuts to break. Am i correct in saying that? What can Joe and RTE do other than that they cant control what callers say on live radio after they get through screening

Youre the one constantly following me around in threads.

Hmmmmm

1 Like

Hmm all you want, you were following me around on other threads.i reply to you in your prissy little manner once and you go to rattled stage 5

You’re a real oddball sometimes.

simpsons-monkey-knife-fight

8 Likes

I think the trigger of it was on Monday. There was a lad on who said his daughter was a lesbian. He said the daughter was afraid to go to the swimming pool in case some lad with a 12 inch langer declared himself a trans and insisted on using the womens dressing rooms.
Im paraphrasing here of course but that was the gist of it

1 Like

You can’t bate a grandstanding politician who thinks they are some class of cigire of moral outrage

1 Like