Landlords/Houses/tennants/cunts thread

Itā€™s fuck sfa if itā€™s not saleable for 3+ houses.

Iā€™m on a train that is half an hour late because some scrote punched the coffee cart guy. Iā€™m not best pleased.

Itā€™ll be his own gaff, what does he want putting neighbours in on top of himself for?

Thatā€™s a very very well written post, and the content will drive a few lads demented

3 Likes

Ok, he saves price of land. Still must pay for Planning Permission, Percolation tests, Council fees, Electricity & Water feasibility etc all before he opens the site.
Thatā€™s all okay, but while heā€™s been paying rent the cost of labour & materials has rocketed up.

See my point now? Or do you want me to write a personal email to you?

Does this mean youā€™ll be hitting the stash? :open_mouth::open_mouth:

Inflation is the friend of the borrower not the renter

2 Likes

At least two (probably 3) roadside sites on it mate if we went down that route (as well as the option of selling the rest for farming) but the likelihood is i will the eventually take one myself and build there, and probably end up farming the rest.

Not a position to get a mortgage at moment. Had approval for a good wedge and a deposit about 6/7 years back but decided to go back to college, which meant leaving my job and working for myself. My current job situ is a mixture of self employment and short term contracts between two different industries. The hope is to get a permanent position in the more recent sector, and within a few years be looking at getting something.

2 Likes

Send me a PM ref your line of self employment, mate.

that last paragraph makes you sound like an absolute mug
have you ever had health insurance? any pension,savings, AVCā€™s?
taking out a private health insurance policy for the first time if over 35 and you are not with a US corporation is complete madness

Iā€™ve had private health insurance since I was 22. The job and industry I was in had zero prospects for progression - I couldnā€™t go much further than where I was. You donā€™t know a fucking thing about me so why donā€™t you go shit in a hat

2 Likes

We had a talk from some health insurer guru a few weeks back at work. Think his name was Dermot Goode, his surname was Goode anyway.

Was actually informative enough. Basically anything less than ā‚¬800 or ā‚¬900 a year and your cover isnā€™t worth a shit really. An eye opener for me as Iā€™m paying around half that at the moment. Also advised to always ring the provider and have it out with them over the phone over a half an hour. Never renew or buy online. Never ask them what plan theyā€™d recommend as theyā€™ll sell you an absolutely shit one for a reason.

1 Like

Fellas who work for the man never get it.

They think they are secure but they are actually far less secure than most. Someone else can root them.

1 Like

I paid VHI for decades. Never claimed for a bean until the last 5 years. Iā€™d be dead now if I didnā€™t have it. Iā€™d say I have got every penny back that I paid into it. Itā€™s eye watering the cost of some procedures and medicines.

8 Likes

Its unbelievable

I wouldnā€™t live without it. When things were bad, we got rid of internet, TV channels,
Nights out, whatever. Never ever let the insurance lapse. When herself was in hospital this summer, it was a godsend that she was in a private room for the night or 2 with all the shit was going on

4 Likes

ok guys, maybe people should realize that one size doesnt fit al and what is right for one person isnt right for the next

8 Likes

:dart::dart::dart::dart:

Spot on. Although one would still want their head examined to buy a house in
north Kildare

Unless from there

2 Likes

Fair enough mate