Limerick GAA 2019, the drive for five

That’s some pile of scutter in fairness

9 Likes

The tweeness is dripping from it.

It’s plain as day the winners of the Hurling & Football senior titles were both Financially Doped to the ears.
Amateurs in name only as the two squads have the advantage of Professional setups behind the scenes that other counties can only dream of.

As for Flanagan, he’s a real top top bloke alright. He made up for lack of skill all the year by running away from goals making space for others and running full backs out of position.
Pity he hadn’t the guts to give that effort to the U21 management against Tipp in Thurles as opposed to trotting around the place totally disinterested. :man_shrugging:
The Hunger was absolutely dripping off him that night. ( To be fair to him, Kyle Hayes put in a serious shift that night )

1 Like

I did yeah.

The bitterness is dripping from it😂

FFS.
Sorry that I missed the funeral. They do right good ones in Whest Limerick

@Esso_Oil has been getting horribly wrong on seamus flanagan for 12 months.

It’s a completely different challenge alright. If the work rate drops, we haven’t a hope. Tipp worked like dogs in 2016 and it definitely dropped the year after, Galway the same 2017 & last year.

At least the players seem very aware of that, and again, it has to be competition from within and ruthlessness from management to drive that hunger to work.

1 Like

That’s it. It’s manic work rate that pulled us through. Our 3 goals v Galway in the final cane turn overs inside our own 45. We don’t have the skill to beat teams without our hunger. The players are facing into a huge slog for 6 months now.

@Fagan_ODowd has been like old crazy Ralph from the original Friday the 13th movie in here since last August, little blue Waterford bike and all!

@glasagusban @Jahan @Esso_Oil lapping it up then. Hopefully flanagan wins hurler of the year to sicken these cunts even more.

Lazy opinions being thrown out all over the place here lads.

"Galway didn’t work hard enough in 2018… Limerick don’t have the skill to win an All Ireland without manic hunger. "

A complete load of absolute bollocks in here this morning.

Some of ye need to up yere posting workrate, be Seamie Flan

Not really that Galway didn’t work hard enough. It’s just that limerick worked harder than them. Bar kk and tipp nobody wins all ireland without a manic work rate. They have vastly more skilful players and when they get their work rate and teams right they invariably meet in the final.

I call that heresy. Any KK team with Walter Walsh on it cannot be deemed skillful, the big ape.

Skills is such a broad church mate? Where exactly do we fall down as opposed to the two you mentioned, I’d be particularly interested in how we aren’t as skillful as KK

1 Like

Limerick completely outworked Galway in the 2018 final, we got a ridiculous amount of scores from turnovers. Tipp completely outworked Kilkenny in 2016.

Bollocks kid, Galway’s extra game was a massive disadvantage. They definitely dropped slightly off in the execution from 2017 but they’ll very nearly pipped ye in the Final.
Cork for all their Squad flaws had ye flailing in the Semi Final.

The way Flanagan is waffling you’d swear he was a member of the Great KK team of the late 2000’s :smile:

I’d say John Kiely is delighted with all his interviews too.

Our touch, striking and really just the basic skills. Kk have their worst team in 15 years we beat them by two points. Cody is getting far more out of that team than they should.

2 Likes

He is some man for the stats.

they are no more or less skillful thank Limerick

Not really but flanagan proves that if you work really hard you’ll succeed. Something limerick have failed miserably at for years. Theres lots of lads that have more ability than flanagan in limerick but nobody was going to work as hard as him.

1 Like