Limerick GAA - Box Office

:joy: We’ll agree that he was very good bordering on excellent so :+1:

He was grand.

How did Cian Lynch do? Good to hear young Kyle Hayes impressed again.

You edited the post after I replied you idiot.

He scored a point near the end.

Cian Lynch is one of the most over rated hurlers in the country… A few flicks and tricks and that’s it… Himself and Gleeson were probably level pegging at underage, they are worlds apart now . Lynch will be a typical Limerick story, hyped to death, never fulfilled the hype.

1 Like

The tail was the giveaway.

Gleason was better at underage. He was and is top drawer. Lynch is windy. If he did the simple things he would be a huge asset. In the minor replay in 2013 Ryan, Cosgrave and English beat those very good Waterford forwards up a stick in Thurles in the replay.

If I recall correctly, Cian Lynch ran rings around Gleeson in that minor replay. He was top class, his touch and vision was just so far ahead of everyone else on the pitch.

Lynch is still extremely young, way too early to write him off; he’s got loads of potential. I do wish he would do the simple thing more, and also just have more confidence in himself to just beat a man and put the ball over the bar. He looks for the pass when the score is on.

3 Likes

There are a lot of positions up in the air for our strongest starting team, but Lynch is definitely one of those who you’d say is a certainty to start.

Quaid, English, Byrnes, Browne, Lynch, Nash are probably all nailed-on. Few other very strong likelihoods but I’d say those are the definites.

1 Like

Overrated definetly…but he has the talent to be an outstanding hurler…he needs to be greedier…take his scores and cut out the majority of the fancy shite.

He can win his own ball which has been one of our major downfalls since 2013 from puckouts and has great vision.

Gleeson is exceptional, head and shoulders above anyone his age in the country, but to write off Cian Lynch at 21 years of age would be crazy stuff mate.

1 Like

I seem to recall lads whinging when Lynch took too much out of the ball & was getting dispossessed or turning in over in the tackle. Poor cunt can’t win with ye animals.

Huh?

Didn’t change anything to do with Brian Hogan part

IMO he should have got motm that day he was super. Think Colin and Peter Casey would be deadly inside together but Ryan is also an option in the backs too I think

Clare number seven was decent in the first half.

Would agree with you with the exception of English. Mike Casey is going to be in the running for a place at corner back this year. Will put English under presssure.

I think the best thing happening with this Limerick hurling team at the minute is that we actually seem to have an idea of what we are doing on the field now. For the last three years we have been headless.Last night the amount of times that a defender when in possession, actually looked to pick a good ball to the forwards was very noticeable. This is not the norm for Limerick backs. I thought Hannon did very well last night , more noticeable in dropping back in front of the full back and picking the breaking ball off of him and also in holding the position especially in the first 15 minutes after half time when we were very much on top in the half back line. There was some very aimless shooting throughout the game which can be worked on. The difference between Sunday and last night was the more experienced players last night were simply better than those given a chance on Sunday. Two guys really putting in a shout to be included are Kyle Hayes and Stephen Cahill

2 Likes

Are Limerick now in the final? I’d imagine tickets for this will be hard got - Thurles I presume?

Cahill is getting the chance and taking it, unlike John Riordan last year under TJ who only got 3 minutes against Cork. If you are going to pluck a lad from Junior Hurling you must give him a chance to bed in and prove himself.

Barry Lynch of Feohanagh should also be on the panel. A far better defender than a good few in there at this stage.

1 Like