Limerick GAA - Box Office

Kieran Joyce is probably the best striker of a ball that played centre back regulary since Pat O’Neill. Hogan and Peter Barry were excellent centre backs but not great strikers of the ball.

2 Likes

Was Hogan excellent even? Good, sure, excellent? Seanie Mc was excellent. We toss around plaudits a bit nowadays.

1 Like

David Kennedy won an All Ireland with Tipp at Centre Back and I never recall him striking the ball off his weak side, his good side wasnt great either! @carryharry doesn’t know who he is though

Ah lad…come on. He was a serious player for them. Not the classiest but look how effective he was.

1 Like

Exactly, he was a good player.

1 Like

Semantics. Tipp opened up Kilkenny defence without him in 2010. He was very very good.

1 Like

Agreed, he was a good player.

I would argue that he was an excellent player.

Not with me you wont.

:joy: We’ll agree that he was very good bordering on excellent so :+1:

He was grand.

How did Cian Lynch do? Good to hear young Kyle Hayes impressed again.

You edited the post after I replied you idiot.

He scored a point near the end.

Cian Lynch is one of the most over rated hurlers in the country… A few flicks and tricks and that’s it… Himself and Gleeson were probably level pegging at underage, they are worlds apart now . Lynch will be a typical Limerick story, hyped to death, never fulfilled the hype.

1 Like

The tail was the giveaway.

Gleason was better at underage. He was and is top drawer. Lynch is windy. If he did the simple things he would be a huge asset. In the minor replay in 2013 Ryan, Cosgrave and English beat those very good Waterford forwards up a stick in Thurles in the replay.

If I recall correctly, Cian Lynch ran rings around Gleeson in that minor replay. He was top class, his touch and vision was just so far ahead of everyone else on the pitch.

Lynch is still extremely young, way too early to write him off; he’s got loads of potential. I do wish he would do the simple thing more, and also just have more confidence in himself to just beat a man and put the ball over the bar. He looks for the pass when the score is on.

3 Likes

There are a lot of positions up in the air for our strongest starting team, but Lynch is definitely one of those who you’d say is a certainty to start.

Quaid, English, Byrnes, Browne, Lynch, Nash are probably all nailed-on. Few other very strong likelihoods but I’d say those are the definites.

1 Like

Overrated definetly…but he has the talent to be an outstanding hurler…he needs to be greedier…take his scores and cut out the majority of the fancy shite.

He can win his own ball which has been one of our major downfalls since 2013 from puckouts and has great vision.

Gleeson is exceptional, head and shoulders above anyone his age in the country, but to write off Cian Lynch at 21 years of age would be crazy stuff mate.

1 Like