Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

That’s some bateing, gives a huge advantage to Monagea in terms of getting through. Looks like it’s between them and Templeglantine and if it comes down to scoring difference, that will help. They’re due to play each other next weekend, could be a very interesting one.

Feenagh/Kilmeedy beat Kieran’s by 5 in the other group. Kilmallock vs Askeaton tomorrow should be interesting.

If those Stakers were any good they’d be playing for us!

1 Like

Where is that match on? And what time is throw-in?

I’d nearly head to that if it’s on locally.

Feenagh @ 7

1 Like

These lads update their page fair play to them has everything on it

1 Like

I think it’s time to bump this again.

2 Likes

Bizarre game.

Think Kilmallock went 6-0 up at one stage and it looked like we were in for an unmerciful hiding , then we came back into it a bit and it was 7-2 with about 15 gone, but Killmallock still looked in control. Then we made a few adjustments and just took over. In the last 15 mins of the first half and the first 15 mins of the second half we out scored them 7-1 to go 9-8 up. Unfortunately between us getting back to within a point and us finally going up a point we missed at least 6 very score able chances, including two or three very gettable frees.
Kilmallock then hit us for about 1-3 in the space of 3 minutes and despite a late goal we couldn’t close the gap. Lost by three for a finish, think it was 1-14 to 1-11. We were probably the better side for 40 plus minutes of the game, but the difference was when Killmallock were on top they took their scores much easier.
Paudie O’Dwyer still looks like he could do a job for the seniors, wouldn’t expect them to be taking anyone off that team though.
If we had Willie we’d have won. We are a very average side without him unfortunately.
Adare on Friday, which we have to win, but it’s out of our hands now unless we can pull off a massive upset against the team of the group so far Castletown. Need Kierans to beat Killmallock, which isn’t beyond the realms of possibility to be fair. Score difference doesn’t matter because of Adare doing the bollox again.
Killmallock have some nice hurlers but won’t go too far I don’t think (although if you make a West Semi you are in a county Quarter now).

1 Like

We played them in a challenge the other day, and O’Dwyer was very good that day aswell. How long is Willie out for? Ye’ll need him to cause an upset against C/B.

City Junior A Hurling Championship:
Old Christians 3-18 Ballybrown 0-9
Patrickswell 1-17 Na Piarsaigh 1-12
Claughaun 2-18 Monaleen 0-8

Looks like advantage Claughaun for that last semi-final spot. They should beat NaP and even a loss to Crecora should see them squeeze through unless Mungret shock Crecora & Old Christians.

With the way it should play out a win over either crecora or Christians could put us through and them out. We have a few players to come back for the crecora game and won’t lack motivation in that

Gone for the year has to go for a knee op.

I’d expect them to get to 8 points with the win over NaP.

If ye beat Monaleen & only one of Crecora/Christians, you’d be on 8 too. It’d be head-to-head if both of you are on 8 and they win that?

Fuck.

Ya season ender for him and us.

Claughaun to continue form and beat crecora as it was explained to me

2 Likes

He’ll be running around with just two helmets soon enough.

If that was at a LGBT march you’d have lads here going demented.

As far as I’m aware this to do with some religious cult he’s into now.

All religions are a cult mate.

He’s genuinely mad