Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

Underachieving under Rodgers?

Klopp missed out on European football last season and European football this season is also beginning to look in an edgy state.

You can hardly blame that on Rodgers.

If you want to talk about his transfer dealings then we’ll look and the ones who have came in and gone out:

Borini - bought for £10m and sold for £8m
Allen - bought for £15m and sold for £13m
Alberto - bought for £7m and sold for £6m
Aspas - bought for £7m and sold for £4m
Ilori - bought for £7m and sold for £3.75m
Lambert - bought for £4m and sold for £3m
Benteke - bought for £32m and sold for £27m

Overall the net loss on transfers of Rodgers signings has been £17m, a loss that would no doubt be offset by a sale of either Coutinho or Firmino.

I note that you haven’t came on to chastise Liverpool football club for being loss making when you have constantly used this to have a dig at Chelsea, a bizarre contradiction and position to take up.

Your convenient application of profit and loss and balance sheets as a metric of football club’s success is removed from reality. Big clubs have also been loss making, for the most part they are backed by the money of rich benefactors. Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man Utd - the three biggest teams in the world carry massive net debts on their books. You only seem to apply financial performance as a barometer depending on the teams involved and not of any genuine feelings on the matter.

It’s also worth nothing that Klopp replacing Rodgers put an extra £3.5m a year on the wage bill. He has since made Coutinho the highest paid player in the clubs history, Lallana has since followed suit and put pen to paper on a mega contract - all this in the backdrop of fans bemoaning resources and the depth of the squad.

Klopp has gone with a strategy and it doesn’t seem to have worked well at all so far.

You have some serious questions to address here Boycott, notably why it is ok for Liverpool to make regular trading losses but not acceptable for other clubs to do so.

1 Like

I love watching master debaters in action

2 Likes

I never said it was acceptable for Liverpool or indeed any football club to be making regular trading losses. I’m as appalled and surprised as you are by the dramatic news of these £20 million losses at Liverpool. It really did look like they’d turned the corner financially from the turbulent Gillett/Hicks years after posting a modest profit in 2014 and a £60 million profit in 2015.

I’m a Tottenham Hotspur fan so you’re barking up the wrong tree if you’re looking for me to provide the answers to these serious questions that are bothering you about Liverpool. Hopefully that new chief executive, Peter Moore has the financial acumen to put them back on an even keel.

A constabulary in Greater Manchester sticking the boot into Klopp :grin:

1 Like

The bastards make it very hard to ‘troll’ over on boards but i’ve been delicately winding the Liverpool mugs up for a few months now pointing out how flawed Klopp and this Liverpool team are. Deluded cunts.

:sweat_smile:

That’s a very selective list of transfers under Rodgers

linke?

Selective list of Rodgers transfers?

As far as I know they are the only Rodgers transfers who are no longer contracted by Liverpool so they are the only ones to be considered when it comes to deciding how much money Rodgers wasted.

The selective list leaves out guys like Firmino, Lallana, Coutinho, Can, Sturridge, Origi as well as less successful ones like Balotelli, Moreno and Markovic.

Overall the signings were not that disastrous, even the ones that didn’t really work out reclaimed close enough to what was paid for them.

Certainly knocks some of the misleading commentary you were making about Liverpool’s resources out of shot.

Most top league football clubs are loss making, you seem to have a strayed view from reality when it comes to top football clubs and their operations. So resources can’t be put forward as a legitimate excuse, Liverpool are backed by a consortium of billionaires who have made significant investment in the club. They should be competing with United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

You’d want to do a bit more research. Ballotelli left Liverpool on a free transfer, approximately 15m less than they paid for him.

Who gives a flying fuck what they are sending…you would swear it was coming out of yer own pockets ffs.

4 Likes

Usual @Nembo_Kid tactics, move the goalposts, go off and ignore the original issue which I had raised.

Good detective work mate

I would have never guessed who our owner was

He owns you too? How much did you cost him?

High praise from Luis Suarez about the significant improvements Brendan Rodgers made to his game after the arrival of the Irishman at Liverpool:

This is where Brendan Rodgers comes in.

“There was a moment during the first real, in-depth conversation that I had with Brendan Rodgers when I looked at him and it hit me: “He’s right.” We had been talking for a little while, he was explaining the way that he wanted the team to play, and everything was falling into place. Everything he said made perfect sense. I was completely convinced.”

Not a bad testimony from Luis Suarez. Prior to the Ulsterman’s arrival at Anfield, Suarez had had a stellar, if unspectacular first full season in English football. While he had plenty of playing time, the Uruguayan had looked perhaps isolated, and failed to find a consistency in his goalscoring. This would all change when Rodgers took the reins.

In his first eighteen months at Liverpool, Suarez scored 15 goals in 44 games. After Rodgers came in, that went to 54 goals in 66, as Liverpool came within two games of a first Premier League title in over twenty years. Barcelona soon came calling, and the Uruguayan has proven himself as one of the top strikers in the modern era.

Similarly, before his goal a game season in Scotland, Moussa Dembélé had hit 15 in 56 for Fulham. Not bad for a teenager, but Brendan Rodgers has effectively quadrupled his scoring rate in less than a year.

1 Like

Let there be no ambiguity as to my position at the time. Brendan Rodgers always had my full support when he was our manager.

He continues to enjoy it now that he’s our manager.

2 Likes

Good start by Liverpool and a goal to the good as well.

2-0 mane

Arsenal are shit.

1 Like

This should be 4-0 … Which means Arsenal will come back and get at least a point.