Marine le Pen

Why was she handed a scarf if women in Lebanon can dress as they like?

No, I donā€™t.

They can.

The Mufti asked her to abide by his culture if she wanted to meet. She refused, as is her right.

She had been informed that this would be the case prior to attending the meeting. Yet she still went to the venue.

She quite clearly did it as a publicity stunt, which again is her right, but also makes her guilty of hypocrisy given that her campaign is based on the premise that immigrants should not be allowed go to another country and try to impose their ā€œcultureā€.

Which is exactly what she did here.

So you agree with Le Pens decision then

Pssst, read back a few posts and you might get the point.

Your hypocrisy charge is based on the premise that the cultures are somehow equivalent, and both deserving of equal respect. They are not and they donā€™t.

A culture that treats women as slaves, and imposes barbaric punishment on those who resist, is not worthy of any respect. In particular as the culture is based on the insane ravings of a 7th century pedophile. If western Christian majority cultures were imposing rules based on the Old Testament, then you would have equivalency, but they donā€™t. How do you expect human rights to improve in these cultures unless their barbaric practices are opposed.

1 Like

No, I think it was a cheap publicity stunt designed to stir up hatred.

Le Penā€™s culture is based on stirring up hatred of those of other ethnicities. It is based on bigotry.

It is an utterly backward culture. Dead right that her culture is not equivalent to others. It is infinitely inferior to, for instance, mine, and also to that of the vast majority of Muslims.

Are you joking me? Iā€™m not reading the shit they post up

You a Muslim ?

A gay transgender straight bisexual Catholic Jewish commie liberal Wahhabist Muslim.

1 Like

Hey Ronnie Regan Iā€™m black and Iā€™m pagan
Iā€™m gay and Iā€™m left and Iā€™m free
Iā€™m an non fundamentalist, environmentalist
Donā€™t bother me

When you finally do decide to join the workforce, you will walk into a public sector role with qualifications like that.

I run a magazine ā€œTuborg Drinkers Monthlyā€ in my spare time.

Weā€™re featured on the missing words round on Have I Got News For You this week.

1 Like

michael d michael d, up and heā€™s michael d michael d michael d givin his all
michael d michael d, up and heā€™s michael d michael d michael d up in the dail

michael d michael d, up and heā€™s michael d michael d michael d givin his all
michael d michael d, up and heā€™s michael d michael d michael d up in the dail

michael d lectured me in sociology, i was in UCG for the degree
for social policy, global equality, he was the king of the arts faculty

michael d lectured me in sociology, i was in UCG for the degree
for social policy, global equality, he was the king of the arts faculty

Fake jobs!

Itā€™s not the worst thing if you donā€™t comment rather than post for the sake of it.

1 Like

She certainly seems to be able to take enoigh money for herself out of the EU

[quote=ā€œSidney, post:108, topic:23384, full:trueā€]
It is an utterly backward culture. Dead right that her culture is not equivalent to others. It is infinitely inferior to, for instance, mine, and also to that of the vast majority of Muslims. [/quote]

Well you do live in Galway, so I would expect some influence from the cultural capital of Europe.

You do realize that the vast majority of Muslims live in countries where the treatment of women ranges from second class citizens to slaves. 19 of the 20 worst countries in the world for women to live, in terms of rights, are Muslim majority, and the 20th is Ethiopia which is 30% Muslimā€¦ and we are not talking equal pay type issues, but rather rights that are a bit more significant like genital mutilation, legal marriage of girls aged 9, forced virginity tests, honor killings, and the like.

But Iā€™m sure youā€™re right, if Le Pen were to be elected president, France would become a hell hole for women.

3 Likes

Attitudes like yours and that of Marine Le Pen offer nothing to anybody, except misery.

They offer misery to Muslims, and misery to everybody else who has a brain and isnā€™t a racist bigot.

Le Penā€™s very transparent tactic, like Trump, is to vilify the other.

That has been your consistent tactic here too. You vilify Muslims, you vilify anybody whose political opinions you donā€™t agree with.

Please cite examples where vilifying the other has led to anything else except misery for people.

Given that you so clearly believe such a strategy, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find it very easy.