Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane Backers

???

This is my experience of living in the Far East. Around the time of the Icelandic volcano they all thought that was my country. WC2002 had a huge cultural impact there and it’s all we’re really known for. They don’t know about Yeats or anything like that, they don’t speak English.

There are 4.5 billion people living in Asia. Am I right in saying that your assertion is none of them would know the difference between Ireland and Iceland only for Roy Keane and you are basing this on the handful Asian people you spoke to when you were there 8 years ago?

3 Likes

They sound like a very simple lot in the Far East.

1 Like

That’s a tricky corner you’ve boxed him in to. This will be an interesting answer as @Tank is a champion of not stereotyping.

2 Likes

Good post Mick.

Everyone giving out about last night, slating the management, the players, the FAI etc.

How many of these same people are going to any of the FAI cup quarter finals this weekend.

Will happily slag off the LOI but then don’t bother their arse even going to the odd game. Would sicken you.

Only point I’d disagree with there is about Cork City. Have no ill will to any other LOI clubs, hope they do well in Europe etc but supporting Caulfield and “city” is a step too far and will never happen for me personally.

3 Likes

:rofl: fucking hell.

Asian people are all alike. Slanty eyed math-whizzes, very ignorant of European geography. Extremely jingoistic. Pissheads one and all, except for the odd teetotaller. The yellowness of their skin varies a bit by region.

Guinness there is sold in the supermarket there with a little Union Jack beside the price. They think U2 is British. They’ve never heard of the Cranberries or hurling.

If Ireland were beat 9 nil last night with 11 LOI players playing it would have been a better thing than what happened

Ilerand or Icerand. Easy enough to get them mixed up.

4 Likes

No one gives a shit about Oireland pal only the plastic paddys in the U.S

2 Likes

Shur don’t they all turn bright red and get a rash on the cheeks when they so much as sniff a drink.

Who is the last actual good English born player we had? I don’t understand why we’re still pursuing that angle so much, it hasn’t worked in about 20 years

Agreed with all that

Cark are poisonous

2 Likes

Or see a decent looking woman.

Like India?

Paul Butler

Anyone get the WhatsApp Audio that claims to be Stephen Ward talking about Roy Keanes bust up with Harry Arter and Jon Walters?

2 Likes

They might know the clanbellies

1 Like

Pm please?