Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

She stuck with me when I was one of those losers who smoked dope morning noon and night and pissed it up all weekend, itā€™s true that since the kids outnumbered us my vices have become a bit more sedate, Iā€™ll be out for pints over the weekend alright though, probably even see the upstairs of Costelloes for the first time since before Christmas.

You must be either mental in the head or a horrible cunt you fucking weirdo.

:joy:
Iā€™d say youā€™ve never shown an ounce of aggression in your life you fucking queen.

8 Likes

You are an angry man.

Well spotted.

Big man from safe inside your car. Youā€™d shit yourself if he stopped and got out you little faggot.

2 Likes

We were both stopped for a finish you moron.

Anger is great. I love anger. YOU CUNTS.

1 Like

Just back from river fest. I had been in at the market first getting my stuff and then dropped them back to the car before proceeding to the river fest unencumbered by bags. I got a pint of Erdinger to start things off from a stall and drank it at these benches theyā€™d laid out.

I wandered over then to the BBQ competition. There were mostly pubs/restaurants ā€œcompetingā€ but also the likes of the army, the Limerick post and Limerickā€™s live 95fm had stalls. Liam Ahern was there for the latter named crowd flipping burgers but I didnā€™t queue for anything there. Everything was free but some of the stalls youā€™d to stand patiently in a queue. All in all I consumed three burgers, a chicken breast, chicken skewer, sausage in a roll thing and a pork belly on sour dough bread from the French table restaurants stall. The army had chili con carne but I didnā€™t like the look of them. I was fairly well stuffed after all the food and returned to the drinking area for a second pint of Erdinger before driving on home. Picture below is of the best burger I had which was from the Red Henā€™s stall. Were you in there @backinatracksuit? There was a beautiful ambience in and around there as the sun appeared and the people of Limerick gathered in force there.

3 Likes

that looks like a lovely bit of grub

It was OK, it was all free which was the main selling point and why I went a bit OTT. Iā€™m lying across the couch now Iā€™m none the better for it.

1 Like

there is no such thing as a free lunch as the man says

Will you take in a championship game this evening? There is an interesting one in mungret which offered betting potential

Iā€™m in now for the night. Is that the kierans v oola match? You going? I backed oola at 7/4 based on treatystones tip.

Wont be able to get there. You may have to rely on twitterā€¦

Campion is flying fit after being at deaths door only a couple of days ago. Heā€™s returning to prison in the next couple of days .

Limerick was packed todayā€¦great buzz around the placeā€¦the weather makes some difference there was a savage atmosphereā€¦

The Shannon looked unreal as well with the sun hitting off it.

Abusing prison officers already apparently from the hospital bedā€¦bad egg that fella.

Probably the most dangerous criminal Limerick has ever seen.

Sounds good and much better organised in its new location, there used to be a free for all for the food and fellas would be jostling and pushing a pulling for bits of undercooked rubbish, all the good stuff was eaten by the hob bobbers in the VIP area.
Didnā€™t get in today, was at the market this morning and the oldest two were signed up for the Great Limerick Run kids event in UL today, great day which has left me quite sunburnt, even have a potential spot for your thread, the former Limerick great and multiple all Ireland medalist Brian Geary (and his very attractive wife) in conversation with Author, electricity salesman and cousin of former Cork City striker Damien Oā€™Connell(himself the father of former Celtic player Eoghan Oā€™Connell)the flat capped desert booted Paul Oā€™Connell.
In a contender for the things that are right thread I found out my 9 year old daughter is a good little runner, she plays a bit of basketball but is quite bookish in general, she ran with her pal today and finished way up the field in the 3rd/4th class race, sheā€™s in third, I was thrilled.
Interestingly the infant race was won easily by a girl as was the senior race.

Edit. It was Brian Begley, I lay awake for a few minutes this morning wondering did I have that one rightšŸ˜°

6 Likes

Itā€™s like James Joyce.