Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

If Iā€™d the choice between goujons or a full dinner Iā€™d pick the goujons, nothing worse than being stuck beside a dud from the office for 3 hours

3 Likes

I was in The Commercial Saturday evening. Very nicely done but a serious hipster crowd in there.

Does it have a good craft offering?

Was Bentleys opened at the weekend lads? They were taking a delivery of beer one of the days last week so must be soon. Great to have a few new places opening up, there was a time there not so long ago where every night in Limerick was the same as there was only a handful of places to go. In the last two years thereā€™s been a decent chunk of new bars;
House
Tedā€™s
Pharmacia
The Galway Bay place
Mother Macs
The Commercial
McGettigans
Clohesseys
Bentleys
Punches

Bourkes reopening in the future as well and Flannerys adding a new music venue.

Not all of them my cup of tea but at least there are options now.

In sadder news the famed Kennedy Oā€™Briens is supposedly reopening as an Afghan Restaurant & Pizza place (after a brief stint as an Indian).

The taps were standard enough anyways, I didnā€™t look at the bottle collection. Itā€™s very nicely done in a traditional old style, without being twee and no TVs

I passed Bentleyā€™s on Saturday night, didnā€™t look like it was open.

It was a fine spot bitd, frequented by musicians, their hangers on and groupies. Nice spot for a casual game of pool and listen to the jukebox.

Is there much call for Afghan food in Limerick?

Apparently there is actually a big Afghan community in Limerick.

The boys running the 24 hour up by Moviedrome are Afghan lads. They do a decent pizza too. Iā€™ve shared it on the ravenous thread

1 Like

this is correct rinny Very decent folk as it happens.

1 Like

NCW getting a night club!

A dive of a place. He has to open the doors or heā€™ll lose the license

Heā€™ll make good money I think. Croninā€™s the only spot thats open late. 10er to get in too some nights :roll_eyes:

To cronins? :sweat_smile:

Nightclubs are so 2006 mate

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ Can see it being quiet once Fireworks opens.

I have to agree :cry::cry:

Is that the place with Costa coffee machine inside? Iā€™ve been doing a bit of work not too far from there and they seem a nice bunch of people.

Thatā€™s the boys