Next Republic of Ireland Manager

Gerrard and Robson were for sure. Souness and Keane were but both became steadily less dependent on raaaar and more dependent on smarts.

Lampard was an innately smart player but stupid people were fooled into thinking he was intellectually smart because he went to a private school and votes Tory,

2 Likes

We’ll be divided down the middle based on half the squad speaking French and the other half speaking Dutch?

Carsley has the hairline of a man who has given the game serious thought.

Definitely, we just need Zefi to train on as the tricky dribbler.

In fairness to Lampard he has an IQ of 150 and got all A’s in his GCSE’s. Book smart but not a tactical genius it seems.

I hope he can fit into my all time POWER RANKINGS of bald managers

1 Like

What kind of Leaving Cert did Stephen Kenny do I wonder? You need a lad who either got over 500, or under 320 due to drink and drugs, to win an Oscar.

1 Like

Spaletti won the league with NapoliI think, but like Pep, he is very tanned. Martinez is Ronaldo’s assistant at Portugal.

1 Like

A manager has to be bald on top with a bit of hair on the sides to have gravitas. Managers aren’t supposed to be chic bald.

Lee Carsley needs to let a bit of hair grow on the sides.

Like this.

2 Likes

I think a European winning under 21 manager is as big a name as we could get. If it was a French or Spanish under 21 winning manager their would be fierce excitement.

1 Like

I don’t even know. I can’t really think of anybody so I probably shouldn’t complain. What about one of those French or Belgian chaps with longish hair & shirt sleeves rolled up above the elbow that rock up at World Cups managing Algeria or Tunisia or someone?

Herve Renard

2 Likes

Philippe Troussier is the man we need

Ffssake. Troussier gave up football to concentrate on the violin. He had a sold out tour of venues in africa last year.

3 Likes

So you’re saying he’s available?

We need a manager that absolutely can’t (or won’t) speak English, just to annoy the Tony O’Donoghues of this world

3 Likes

He’s actually managing Vietnam.

Doyle-a a-play well-a

1 Like

Frankie the Tory

Beale would be a great laugh.