Next Republic of Ireland Manager

A manager has to be bald on top with a bit of hair on the sides to have gravitas. Managers aren’t supposed to be chic bald.

Lee Carsley needs to let a bit of hair grow on the sides.

Like this.

2 Likes

I think a European winning under 21 manager is as big a name as we could get. If it was a French or Spanish under 21 winning manager their would be fierce excitement.

1 Like

I don’t even know. I can’t really think of anybody so I probably shouldn’t complain. What about one of those French or Belgian chaps with longish hair & shirt sleeves rolled up above the elbow that rock up at World Cups managing Algeria or Tunisia or someone?

Herve Renard

2 Likes

Philippe Troussier is the man we need

Ffssake. Troussier gave up football to concentrate on the violin. He had a sold out tour of venues in africa last year.

3 Likes

So you’re saying he’s available?

We need a manager that absolutely can’t (or won’t) speak English, just to annoy the Tony O’Donoghues of this world

3 Likes

He’s actually managing Vietnam.

Doyle-a a-play well-a

1 Like

Frankie the Tory

Beale would be a great laugh.

McDonnell in the Indo reporting that Carsley isn’t a done deal at all at all.

TBHWY I’m very blasé about the whole thing

Carsley a NO, vindication for @BruidheanChaorthainn

I’ve far too much class to go back and make bits of your Perez and mac and whoever else was having a go at me the past 24 hours.

The man has zero interest in the job.

I’m buried in the Ian Bailey case at the moment but I don’t see why anybody would want carsley.

I don’t particularly like Neil Lennon at all but he’d an ok record with Celtic in Europe and that’s sort of akin to the Irish job. Under dog, backs to the wall and plenty of passion.

He outperformed rodgers and big Ange as well in Europe.

Carsley is out out!

https://x.com/ballsdotie/status/1750819078623678729?s=61&t=ekldS2fF-ovc5IeLNty5ZQ

My sources come up trumps yet again.

He never had any interest.

2 Likes

@BruidheanChaorthainn comes up trumps once again

4 Likes