NFL Fantasy League Issues

Continuing the discussion from The Great Segunda 2016:

As bandage says, we have users in leagues who dont post here anymore. Is there any point in keeping them in the leagues? the top division has gone to utter shit as there are a few fanchises in there with no poster being present on TFK. Souldressing won the league, and didnt once post all year. Fuck that for a load of shit. We went from @cluaindiuic winning it and making his own special banner and giving a big long acceptance speech, to some no mark who doesnt even come online to gloat at winning or even acknowledge it ins some shape or form.

There are also a couple of other users in the top league who I know are online at times, as I do see them liking certain posts, but are awfully quiet. That I have less of an issue with.

But in general, it makes it less interesting, and you can see the second division is a bit of craic as the lads there want to win their games so as not to be getting dogs abuse on the Monday after. As with CLD when he eventually quit, I have other leagues where I put far more time into, and this meant I did fuck all about the TFK one this year. The interest was waning, and I can see others in the same situation. If the interest was back in it, and maybe if @Rocko new betting proposal was introduced where it was a tenner a man to enter or something, then that would help spark things up again.

But how to solve it? It may be drastic, but the original league was set up for people interested. IT then grew, but the top league remained as being for the people who were first entered. Now that we have nearly 30 competitors, it may be time to relook at the formation of the leagues and see can we get a league where they can be no arguments about the validity of who is in which division. This may also help spike the interest.

If we take all 36 who enter (depending on numbers, but I’d be hoping some would enter next year or re join again) and split them randomly into 3 leagues. And then the top 4 in each league form the new top tier, the middle 4 form the second tier, and the bottom 4 form the third tier, it would seem to be to be a logical and fair way of setting it up. It would mean that this years divisions would essentially be a formation league, which may or may not be a good thing.

Or else maybe I’m bored at the end of the first week back to work and couldnt be arse doing shit.

3 Likes

A reasonable proposal. You’d face staunch opposition from the Segunda loyalists towards any restructuring. How do you propose getting these GMs onside?

Interesting proposal.

As a founding member of the Segunda who has spent time in Division 1, and is due to enter the Turd Divison, I’d be for this as there was a serious banter vacuum in Division 1.

It’d be a good way to weed out the disinterested.

How many members are currently taking part? I know that there are some running a second franchise in the Turds. If we take those teams out of it we might find ourselves close enough to 24.

If they are good enough in whatever new league they are in, they’ll all end up in the top division together again and can continue their banter there, but call themselves primera, not segunda.

Make the bottom the Tercera or do we leave it as the Turds?

@ChocolateMice flagged all this earlier in the year and said he would favour restructuring to get rid of the deadwood… As always, he was way ahead of the curve…a visionary even. I’ll support whatever is best for the good of the game… The Segunda works because we care and the majority of us are hate filled, by at least reducing numbers to active posters it will ensure far better quality. The likes of Souldressing and @The_Burner really do need to be fucked off.

4 Likes

Turds.

1 Like

I’m in favour of TFKNFLFFL restructure as outlined above.

It really is a matter of time and effort.

If I’m putting in a load of time to manage this team the payoff for that effort has to be enough to make me want to come back for more. I won this once and subsequently joined other leagues for money. I was more invested in the other leagues so this became a lower priority. On top of that, the level of trading was rock bottom in this league because everyone overvalues their own players, is too paranoid they’re about to be swindled and too much of a chicken shit to take a chance or even negotiate a better deal. And thats before I even mention vetoing nonsense.

Doing a money league on TFK is tricky because by adding a monetary element to it you’re adding complexity and it being a public forum available to anyone it opens a window for ballhoppery. i.e. People signing up and pulling out, not paying and messing up the balance of a league.

It was good while it lasted but it ran its course for me.

Fuck up you clown.

1 Like

That’s the TFKNFLFFL equivalent of the big shot coming home to the bog from abroad for Christmas and telling everyone about how successful he’s been since he moved and how he couldn’t live here under any circumstances any more because he’s moved on. Fuck you, @cluaindiuic. Fuck you.

6 Likes

There’s a few different fantasy league fee management sites around that we could utilize to take the pay to pay option. That would sort the men from the @Matty_Hislops.

the vetoing issue is gone, there is no vote anymore on trades.

Rocko is considering setting up a system for TFK for gambling/betting/competition type stuff, so this would be a pay on entry basis, so there would be no real scope for ball hopping. You may have others who may want to throw games or other such stuff, but no more than in other leagues where money is also involved.

hte reform I am proposing would also aim to improve the quality of the divisions and reflect the ability level in each one. Therefore if you are good enough, you’ll be in the top one with similar type players and abilities which should make them all more competitive.

Pretty accurate summary @Bandage. Kudos.

1 Like

We had a guy come home like that once.

He’s dead now.

@Gman As an esteemed founding member of TFKNFLFFLED and owner of a ridiculously rare winner’s jacket, I’m willing to lend a hand as commissioner of the league commissioners if this new structure comes to pass. I would be an unbiased independent adjudicator.

Assuming the remunaration is appropriate of course.

1 Like

I’m implacably opposed to any semblance of league restructuring.

https://youtu.be/Lrr_VVtyUA8

Don’t let the power go to your head. My opinion is as valid as yours. It’s a dangerous game you’ll be playing if you start looking down your nose at other GMs.