NZ, UK, US, Sweden, Poland & Cheese eating surrender Monkeys approaches to Covid-19

Well they were projected to have 100,000 deaths if they didn’t follow the example of countries like Italy, France and the UK that had serious lockdowns since March. Strangely enough it’s Italy, France and the UK that are approaching 100,000 deaths.

Even compared to countries with similar populations, Belgium has 18,000 deaths, X2.5 the rate of Sweden, and the Czechs have almost 10,000 deaths or 50% more than Sweden. Lockdowns are clearly the key to saving lives.

1 Like

Lockdowns are like a religious belief to some lads

3 Likes

They’d none? Great news

1 Like

No, they have Covid deaths, strangely enough the virus is circulating there as well.
The point is their death rate was lower than western Europe in the first wave and it is lower again in the second wave, despite all the hysteria about their approach (mostly from the UK). The 7 day average for deaths in Sweden is currently 63, compared to 634 in Italy, 418 in the UK, 395 in France. Factor in population and the

How are they comparing with their Nordic neighbours?

What’s the relevance of that? Should countries that border each other have similar outcomes? If that’s the case look at France and Germany who share a huge border. According to your logic they should be the same or at least similar, but France has over 3X the death rate of Germany. Why is that?

Ireland’s nearest neighbor is the UK, should death rates be similar?

You’re wondering what’s the relevance of comparing like with like? I suppose it might give a more accurate picture of what’s happening. The opposite of the following where you deliberately compare apples and oranges to make it look like Sweden are doing ok.

“Sweden has reported 1,400 Covid deaths in the past month compared with about 100 in Norway and 80 in Finland, each of which have half its population.”

Even allowing for the population difference Sweden’s figures are far far worse than their neighbours.

Sweden are not done with Covid as you yourself laughably stated below.

1 Like

But you have failed to answer why Sweden should be like it’s geographic neighbors. Why isn’t France the same as Germany, it’s neighbor by the same definition. It has 2.5X the deaths, why is that?. The second wave death rate in Italy, the UK, and France is much higher now during lockdown than it is in Sweden, why is that?

If saving lives is the goal, most countries that have had lengthy lockdowns haven’t done very well, but want to deflect to Sweden who has done better than them.

:popcorn:

Sweden themselves don’t believe they have done well, so much so that they are bringing in legislation which will enable them to introduce lockdowns. You think they have done well because you continually and erroneously compare them with basket cases like the UK and Italy. The Swedish are comparing themselves to their neighbours and arrive at a different and more accurate conclusion. @Enrique has some graph he’s sending that might get them to think twice but until that happens Sweden are heading in the lockdown direction.

2 Likes

But you said last week Sweden was in lockdown. They are not, even if the legislation comes in it will be next March before it can be enacted. Whatever experience Sweden has had, it has had without lockdowns.

I haven’t said they have done well, if doing well means a minimum number of Covid deaths then nobody has done well. I’ve said their approach has resulted in no worse an outcome than most European countries. Basket cases? Have you looked at Germany’s death rates in this second wave, they are higher than France. Are ze Germans now also a basket case?

There’s no reason why Sweden should be like Finland or Norway, as travel between countries has been at a minimum and isn’t a factor. If anything they should be like countries that are similar to them in population and number and size of urban centers like Belgium and Czech. Have you looked at those countries lately? Why is Belgium the worst in Europe? They had lockdowns since March, but are a “basket case”.

1 Like

Get the hints in pronto @flattythehurdler

That fucking cunt

@mikehunt is dishing out an awful hiding to the flat earther here.

1 Like

Nonsense. Norway has less than a tenth of Sweden’s death rate and Finland only a tiny bit more than Norway. New Zealand has had 25 deaths in total. These countries have self-evidently all done very well, despite having different approaches to each other.

Loads of countries have done worse than Sweden and had harsh lockdowns

They mostly have a higher population density among other things. Sweden is directly comparable to their neighbours. They have failed without any question.

“These folks worked all their lives and built this country and they’ve been completely abandoned,” says Rich Klingsborg, 36, who suffers from an aggressive auto-immune disease that requires him to have weekly blood tests to keep his illness and medication in check. Not doing so could cause him to suffer a blood clot or haemorrhage.

Due to Klingsborg belonging to a high-risk group, his doctor said his blood sample could be taken at home. But staff refused to wear a mask. Klingsborg pleaded with them, and even bought them masks, but they would not accommodate him.

“It’s just so reckless that trained healthcare professionals won’t wear masks,” Klingsborg told Byline Times . “I feel lucky to be alive.” When he complained to his doctor again in October about the lack of masks, the he said the doctor merely relied: “Masks are debated. We don’t use masks when sampling at-risk patients. I understand that you are afraid of being infected but I do not think the risk is great, nor do I think that the consequences must be the worst.”

“I’m just a statistic,” Klingsborg added. “They’re leaving me stranded. They completely abandoned me.” He says the situation in Sweden is like witnessing a mass psychosis involving the “culling of the elderly and weak”.