Outstanding Meltdowns

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

1 Like

Iā€™d never even heard of this film before and was so amused by that clip I had to look it up.

A Pacific aircraft carrier enters a time warp and finds itself transported from 1980 to 1941 - just before the attack on Pearl Harbor. The captain is forced to decide whether to strike at the approaching Japanese fleet and change the entire course of the World War II.

:laughing:

Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into her side, Chief. We was cominā€™ back from the island of Tinian to Leyte. Weā€™d just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes.

Didnā€™t see the first shark for about a half-hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that in the water, Chief? You can tell by lookinā€™ from the dorsal to the tail. What we didnā€™t know, was that our bomb mission was so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didnā€™t even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisinā€™ by, so we formed ourselves into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calendars, you know the infantry squares in the old calendars like the Battle of Waterloo and the idea was the shark come to the nearest man, that man he starts poundinā€™ and hollerinā€™ and sometimes that shark he go awayā€¦ but sometimes he wouldnā€™t go away.

Sometimes that shark looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a shark is heā€™s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a dollā€™s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesnā€™t even seem to be livinā€™ā€¦ ā€™til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and thenā€¦ ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screaminā€™. The ocean turns red, and despite all your poundinā€™ and your hollerinā€™ those sharks come in andā€¦ they rip you to pieces.

You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I donā€™t know how many sharks there were, maybe a thousand. I do know how many men, they averaged six an hour. Thursday morninā€™, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Bosonā€™s mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water, he was like a kinda top. Upended. Well, heā€™d been bitten in half below the waist.

At noon on the fifth day, a Lockheed Ventura swung in low and he spotted us, a young pilot, lot younger than Mr. Hooper here, anyway he spotted us and a few hours later a big olā€™ fat PBY come down and started to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened. Waitinā€™ for my turn. Iā€™ll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went into the water. 316 men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945.

Anyway, we delivered the bomb.ā€

1 Like

Ah itā€™s a blast. One you leave your brain at the door for

1 Like

Sorry @backinatracksuit I had a post typed out to answer you on the racism thread but while typing and before I was allowed to reply someone had a minor meltdown knickers got twisted and it was shut down.

Mother of God, he is bleeding againā€¦

I am more than happy for you to leave the place if you donā€™t like it. Whinging like a child because you canā€™t regurtitate the same ā€œopinionā€ for a few hours. Go and read a book.

If you have an issue with TFK, send me a PM. Iā€™m not justifying myself and my time to you. The Internet is a fine big place.

1 Like

You attacked me for no fucking reason yesterday . You should be neutral in all of this

I should be allowed reply to a post before you shut that, selective enough timing. Especially as @backinatracksuit wasnā€™t one of them asking me the same repetitive questions over and over. I try and answer all questions,I only gave my own opinion twice on that thread Iā€™d say the rest were answers,so take up the repetitiveness with the askers.

I didnā€™t ask you to justify anything to me, you clearly donā€™t want to engage with a point of view thatā€™s the opposite of your own,so in future avoid me and Iā€™ll do likewise. Put me on ignore,Iā€™m not gonna say anything libelous and sure bandage can keep an eye on me. But Iā€™m entitled to be here without genuflecting to you.

1 Like

Why?

Was I talking to you ?

2 Likes

Mate, will you shut up or youā€™ll get a 1000 year ban. Let it go.

You seem upset with me but I have brought your comprehension skills on a ton. Itā€™s great to see

A ban for giving my opinion?

Of course, hasnā€™t that often happened.

This is what happens when there is no GAA season. Apocalypse.

tenor (40)

This place makes what happened in London yesterday look like a green party conference

Never knew @backinatracksuit cared about humanity so much, Iā€™m touched , and here was me thinking he couldnt give a fuck about people as he ran and cycled out of his restricted area in a global pandemic. Breathing and coughing on bystanders in different communities

1 Like

Is the ball about to be brought home?

2 Likes