People Kev knows

His holier than thou attitude made for great entertainment.

For example, this was his response when I asked him not to use a term for mentally challenged person as an insult.

Epic.

1 Like

Kev didn’t like to be challenged or shown up.

1 Like

The first thing that comes to mind with Kev, and believe me there are many, is when he told the forum that his missus said that sex with him was like in the movies.

Whatever ‘in the movies’ meant I don’t know. A scene from Deliverance perhaps?

1 Like

I’d agree with him there ---- In familiar circles i’d have no issue calling people a tard or fag - that includes towards disabled and gay friends. I think there is way too much made on the use of language these days and people trying to censor it to suit their own needs/ sensitivities / outrage — obviously I dont condone when words are used for hate or prejudice but I should be able to call you a handicap in jest as you know it’s just that and that I truly mean you no harm or ill will.

4 Likes

A lot of lads were, and still are, cowed by Kev’s sheer presence and personality.

Most of the people who are outraged are probably beating their spouse.

1 Like

For me it’s the talking dog.

Must the typical attitude of a Cork person so.

It’s a reprehensible thing to do.

do any of ye notice that it is generally the absolute lightweights of the forum who had an issue with @caoimhaoin
lads who were afraid of their shit in getting into a conversation with the man but 6 months after he is gone they are now putting the boot into him over trivial matters. he is still stuck in their heads, he said this one time or he said that when basically they were afriad to tackle him but are letting it all out now 6 months afrer he gone.
the man was an internet giant, and he is badly missed by anyone worth their salt around here.

4 Likes

It’s not specific to Cork - Most people will use derogatory language in an off hand manner towards people they know every single minute of the day.

Like life, language isnt black and white … there are multiple rules to language and it changes over time, place and in context and circles it is used. If a word upsets you I suggest you go and examine the reasons behind it. In Limerick the word handicap was used regularly as slang just as it was used in the Cork kev grew up in… So was a ton of other words. Are we to get outraged each and every time some one uses a word despite context? — I suppose you are fighting the good fight online trying to get Fairy Tale of New York taken off the airwaves?

No that’s utter bullshit - The Fairytale of New York argument - and Eoghan McDermott should be abolished.

However to use a handicap as a term of insult, especially when those stricken with it are unable to defend themselves in most cases, is the act of an utter, utter cunt of a person.

Who’s slagging people that are disabled? Maybe I read Kev’s post wrong — I was merely on about me calling you a handicap, you handicap.

I could never understand that either. Lads afraid to call him out on his own bullshit, it’s no wonder he had such an inflated opinion of himself.

Thought that was Cork people in general.

1 Like

No I don’t think you understand this at all. @caoimhaoin used the term in a derogatory manner.

Those stricken with a mental disability are unable to defend themselves and call out out the classless who use it in this fashion.

In other cases involving race, gender, sexuality those targeted are able to defend themselves.

Using these terms to insult people is basically like beating up toddlers.

2 Likes

I thought he got called out in his bullahit all the time which is why he eventually had a meltdown and left?

1 Like

You’ve read my stance — I’d use the term in jest towards people I know, nothing more.

Yeah, he might have gone much earlier if more people weren’t so afraid of him.

Everyone on the forum had a hop off him and tired of him — Like the pretend Italian, he was just a bore most of the time - but he had wonderful moments of magic as well… he let himself get bogged down arguing pointless, inane stuff too often.

One of the lads at home in Wexford had a habit of telling terrible racist jokes. When he got a cool reception he’d say out loud ‘Hey, was it racist or just good craic? Well?’.

It’s racist, always racist.

Using terms like that in any manner that is disrespectful in any company is basically making is acceptable to use it in that manner anywhere. if you don’t realise this then you a problem.

2 Likes