The 32nd Dáil Eireann

Where would ye say the value is ?

Take your correction and admit you’re wrong.

3 Likes

April 27, 2013: Irish Independent journalist Paul Williams speaks at the Fianna Fáil Ard Fheis, after which he receives a standing ovation. The Sunday Times reports:

Standing ovations are a common feature of party conferences, but usually reserved for the leader. Yesterday delegates at the Fianna Fail ard fheis got to their feet to applaud Paul Williams, a crime journalist, when he denounced two independent TDs for criticising gardai.

To sustained applause, Williams said Luke “Ming” Flanagan was “a man who I believe has undermined democracy”, adding that “people like him and Mick Wallace [another independent TD] undermine democracy”.

To the delight of Fianna Fail delegates, Williams said he would encourage gardai to distribute pictures of Flanagan in order to tell children “this is how you will turn out if you smoke cannabis”.

1 Like

I will be honest kev and say i’m offended. If you had a loved one with downs, you might take a different perspective.

12 Likes

Would you ever fuck off.

There is a difference between using a word (a word used in slang where i am from for 40 years or more) and either supporting, ignoring or failing to apologise for a lad having his legs blown off.

Now seriously, go and get fucked and take your knickers with you.

1 Like

FG have made a mess of this from the very start. Firat trying to ignore it and hoping it goes away to not taking any action to fix the issues and allowing a smear campaign against mccabe. They should have met it head on, chopped off a few heads and implemented the reform needed in the gardai but they couldn’t they had to huff and puff.

Anyways i dont see an election Fitzgerald will resign on Tuesday and say that she is doing it for the good of the country.

An election on December 21st would be the right job for ye.

Spare a thought for a TD out of a job for Christmas please.

Its a choice to be offended. I worked with Downs Syndrome (and other disabilities) most of my adult life. I never make them feel bad about themselves. I grew up next door to a Downs girl. And i lived them all.

Tgere are alot worse things going on to be “offended” about.

Without getting offended for others. Which is insane.

2 Likes

Is using the N word the same Kev? Stop being such a child and stand corrected.

I don’t have to adhere to anybody elses made up script of words.

Now kindly shut up and fuck off or talk about the subject at hand.

In my culture using the N word is not used. In others it is freely. I kisten to Hip-Hop and Rap.

I do not get offended by the use of the N word there.

Grow a pair

1 Like

@caoimhaoin absolutely cleaning the snowflakes out of it here

That doesn’t make it acceptable.

Sadly I expected more of you. You’re a hypocritical cunt of the highest order.

3 Likes

flanagan thrown out of the eu this morning for smoking a joint
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23844885_1524200897657221_2774847419533383743_n.jpg?oh=8637cc2c77acfeb742feeaacea16b125&oe=5A93EF58

5 Likes

Then Kev, you should know better than to use such a word, on the internet or otherwise.

4 Likes

It’s not that it’s trying to make you realise that it’s not ok to use the term in a derogatory manner.

I’m no slave for pc but there is a certain level of decency that you expect of people.

You could just edit out the comment for something appropriate but instead you got over defensive.

Classy.

7 Likes

You talk a lot about learning and self improvement. Take a reading. You growing a pair would be admitting a mistake and not acting like a child when you’ve been corrected.

4 Likes

Eerily similar to Claire Daly getting arrested for drink driving.

You are not going to be able to set up a successful GGA club is you use ignorant , offensive terminology like that Kev.

You should know better.

4 Likes