Podders

Started one on a Rome Street Gang this morning. It was 15mins before he actually started with the story and my drive was only 30 mins. He’s on thin ice already.

Your commute is way too short. Change jobs.

1 Like

Would you sit in the corner of the hotel bar with the headphones on listening to an auld podcast?

No.

It’ll be 50 mins once schools are back

1 Like

This is excellent gentlemen of the pod. Best in depth anaysis of why this part of the world is so fucked up, granted it’s mostly the brits fault. Fans of Dan Carlin will definitely appreciate

1 Like

Also the revolutions series is onto the big one and already off to a great start

I’m on it

Into hour 5 of The war for the Blackhills — (Custer and Little big horn) — enjoyable and very detailed … tho I’ve zoned out quiet a number of times

2 Likes

Just finished there … great 6 hours … tears streaming down my face here thinking about the fate of our Lakota brother and sisters.

1 Like

I’m on episode 2, I’m hoping ‘High Back Bone’ lives to retirement.

1 Like

The story of Bloody Knife and Gall is a good un.

I suppose we’ll have to go do the 8hrs on Crazy Horse now…

The episode called the duel is a cracking early 19 century political romp with an insane cast of madmen,
No injuns though

1 Like

I’ll stick with my people for now - cheers tho.

Don’t, your too emotionally unstable to listen to it. It could lead to a mental breakdown.

My tribal name is Strikes With Fist … I’m made of tough stuff.

Has anyone listened to these?

https://irishhistorypodcast.ie/

It’s fairly good actually. He sounds like a bit of a gimp but you’d have to admire the work he does and he’s branching out into tours etc.

1 Like

Cant stand your man tbh — and it’s fairly surface level stuff from what i’ve listened to … fair play to him tho, puts a lot of time and effort in…

I thought about doing one for a bit of craic but it’s a lot of effort — I was gonna go down a different route to presenting various episodes in history — more how different strands were tied together by something — kinda like the Joy of Six that the Guradian did and had a thread that was a runner here.