Racism Continued

And I know you never run alone, so say hello, Bill.
Still trying to butch up by chewing on your glasses, huh?

1 Like

You brother was an asshole!

He was, he was an asshole, you really got his number.

1 Like

Or you could also fill the 5 and empty it into the 3 leaving you with two. Pour the two into the 3. Fill up the 5 again and pour off one into the 3, leaving you with four.

2 Likes

The alt right racists on here are unfortunately conflating their desire for “free speech” (bless) with the actual topic of racism.

So I’m going to do them a little favour and move their posts to a brand spanking new thread for them to debate among them bed and we can leave this one for racism.

And a fair warning: not one cent of my money will be used to promote anything written by Paul Joseph Watson. So I will remove said post.

3 Likes

How do you know when you have ‘one to pour off’?

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Alt Right and their “free speech” campaign

I must say my Bruce Willis post stands completely out of context now :worried:

There’s two litres in the three, so topping it up by one leaves you with four.

An awful waste of beer.

Anyone see the Tommy Robinson interview with the guy from Burnley who was responsible for the white lives matters plane fly by recently? It’s gas. I’m no fan of Tomeeeeh but entertaining watching his stuff all the same.

Tank’s Boring Drunken Thoughts on White Guilt in Ireland

@glenshane, I know this isn’t exactly what you asked but I was thinking about Ireland and the notion of “white guilt”.

Lately there have been a lot of leftie political / cultural commentators (ok, when I say “a lot” I mean “Fintan O’Toole”) trying to emphasize Ireland’s role in the slave trade and basically involve Ireland and Irish people in the “white guilt” American narrative. This historical reading has largely emphasized two things:

• Irish people who arrived in the US and started holding slaves; and
  • Anglo-Irish landlords in Ireland who held slaves in different parts of the world, or were otherwise involved in the slave-trade.

These aspects can both be dismissed by any true Gael because the lads that arrived in America were American and the Anglo Irish landlords were dirty tanny Brits.

However, my original thoughts this evening on the matter are as follows:

Could it be the case that some of our ancestors made the decision not to emigrate to the US precisely because they didn’t want to involve themselves in the slave trade?

I don’t think that this is as ridiculous a suggestion as it first might sound.

The usual reason that historians give for why certain Irish people decided not to emigrate to America during famine times was simply because they couldn’t all afford to. The Irish people that emigrated were generally the more middle-class Catholics and the poorer ones had no choice but to stay. Undoubtedly, this was a major factor.

However, Ireland’s leading politician during famine times (when slavery was most controversial and when emigration was at its peak) was a certain Daniel O’Connell. Daniel O’Connell was the uncrowned king of Ireland. No other Irish man has ever had so much influence over nationalist politics or Irish nationalist thought in general as O’Connell did during that period, arguably not even Padraig Pearse. Internationally he was seen globally as a symbol of the world’s conscience, a bit like the Nelson Mandela of his time.

Daniel O’Connell was avowedly abolitionist and went so far as to say that he would refuse to even enter the United States until slavery was abolished. Given O’Connell’s unbelievable popularity and also influence, it’s not unreasonable to suggest that these opinions we representative of a lot of Irish Catholics at the time and also influenced a lot of Irish Catholics. I would argue that specifically these attitudes (a refusal to enter the US until it abolished slavery) were most representative of the Irish people who refused to enter the US and did not emigrate. In other words, our ancestors.

Now I’m not suggesting that all of our ancestors refused to enter the US and instead stayed in Ireland because they didn’t want to emigrate to a country which had slavery. I am however suggesting that some of them decided not to emigrate for that reason. In other words, we are Irish and other people are American because our ancestors decided that they didn’t want to involve themselves with slavery whereas the American people’s ancestors decided that they were willing to do that.

Now I fully appreciate that this was not the reason for everyone’s decision to stay in Ireland, I’m suggesting that it influenced some of them.

If I am correct then our ancestors in effect decided to make a decision of the conscience to forego an easier life in America specifically so that their descendants, you and I, could remember our ancestors with pride.

It follows therefore that we are significantly disrespecting our ancestors who decided to make that sacrifice of the conscience when we decide that as Irish people we are part of some universal “white guilt”.

White Americans can go fuck themselves however, I don’t give a fuck about their problems, I don’t identify with them remotely.

As a final comment, speculating on the motivations of masses of people long ago is a controversial business in this country. You’ll recall that Mary McAleese courted some unexpected controversy when she said that some Irish people enlisted in World War One because they were poor. Whenever you’re talking about large groups of people, either today or in the past, there are seldom any simple explanations to account for their actions. There are always multiple influences.

@glasagusban, I’m curious about what you think about white guilt, especially as it relates to you. You must have thought about it. What would you say if you didn’t have to put up with Maroon and the rest of the cunts?

1 Like

Jesus I would have thought this was literally the opposite. The ones who emigrated were the men of no property the landless labourers for the most part. The ones who stayed were the small farmers and up. We see the ‘small farmers’ as a poor class. They were rich compared to the labourers etc. This continued right on to the 1950s. It was those without farms to inherit who left. We basically got rid of our whole ‘rural underclass’ over the course of 100 years. I’ve seen that put forward as a reason ireland is so conservative politically and why we never had a strong left wing party.

2 Likes

I’m resolved to read that tomorrow, it’s the least you deserve…
I always liked that scene at the end of trainspotting…where ewans character looks forward to a time of equality; when we’ll all just be wankers. I think, as a society (and as a forum) we’re getting there.
If this woke shite gets it’s way we’ll all just be wankers, but we still wont be equal.

1 Like

Supposedly during the 1840s a lot of people were so poor they couldn’t even afford the boat and they made up a lot of the ones who stayed. The 1840s were a lot poorer than the early 20th century.

I’d be surprised if that was true but maybe so. I always thought what I was saying was some of the reason the Irish got such a reputation for violence and ‘stupidity’ in us and uk. There was a hard, uneducated edge to the clientele emigrating. Similar to the way people at home used to tut tut at the ‘scumbags’ ‘disgracing’ us in Australia during the recession.

Decent post. Most of what you describe stemmed from the penal laws and Irish Catholics, even excluding the famine, seeking freedom not that different to countless other European ethnic groups fleeing oppression in the same century. You do realize that the Irish who emigrated to the US in the 19th century had to endure a significant level of racism, at least on a par as they suffered under the tan cunts, and often worse. Yet they by and large did OK for themselves and went on to play a significant part in the evolution of the US from the days of slavery to the bastion of democracy and opportunity it became?

The few million who emigrated have grown to 33 million, while the five or six million who remained in Ireland essentially stagnated up to very recently. And it was American investment in Ireland in the 70s and 80s that dragged it out of the economic stone ages. Ireland has a lot to thank the US for, both historically and contemporarily.

1 Like

And yet you’re obsessed with American culture and politics. Which groups do you identify with over there. Do the Hispanics, Native Americans or Blacks have much in common with your Monaghan bog white skin, red headed privileged life?

3 Likes

I want you to cut this lad a bit of slack. He’s trying to rationalise things, he’s put his faith in the prevailing wind and he’s placed his hope and trust in those who he assumes share his own good nature. He’s on the point of realising that nothing worth knowing can ever really be understood, articulated or rationalised.
I have great hopes for @Tank

2 Likes

Agreed, there’s hope for @Tank.

1 Like

Did he answer my question from a few days back?