Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

[quote=“backinatracksuit, post:580, topic:22211, full:true”]
Hugh fearnley Whittingstall
[/quote]I got a book by him on vegetarianism there after Christmas and gave it away a few weeks ago

I like Hugh but I couldn’t go down the vegetarian route at all, his nose to tail attitude to the consumption of meat would be right up my street, I love a bit of offal.

1 Like

Too many big words in it was there?

3 Likes

Lovely little snack here. 6 pork chops. Roasties a bit of black pudding and a tomatoe

1 Like

You hardly ate all that yourself, did you?
You’d want to be working out for 60-90 minutes a day full blast to burn off those calories.

I’ll leave two chops for my lunch. I’ll run 15 mile tomorrow evening

3 Likes

Had pork medallions myself this evening with stir fry veg and brown rice. Very tasty.

:+1:

just having another bit of ice cream now and a banana then off to bed

Always happy to help mate.

Whilst I operate at the cutting edge and throw ideas out there, you have that savage intensity to go and actually implement them. I don’t know how you do it.

Affordable DNA testing lad, its the nutribullet of 2016. I’ll PM when I know more.

2 Likes

you also gave me the push on bullet proof coffee, I can never repay you enough

1 Like

In order to continue my enjoyment of this thread, could someone explain the Emma Louise reference to me please, I’m not great with pop culture.

While a lot of the pictures of your meals look like a dogs breakfast @Tassotti I must say it is admirable that someone living on their own would spend so much time and effort on cooking for yourself, it’s something I took great pride in before I became encumbered.

I have a nice salmon recipe for you pal and it won’t impact your physique in the slightest. As a bonus it was given to me by a lovely English lass many, many moons ago, who is sadly no longer with us, and I’ve been making it in her honor ever since.

Rip a square of tinfoil and lay it on your table or floor, whatever it is. Place the farmed salmon fillet in the middle. Put a few slices of tomato and a few leaves of basil on top. Fold up the tinfoil to make a cube around the salmon, adding a splash of white wine infused with a bit of crushed garlic and pinch of salt and pepper before you finish sealing it. Most important, completely seal the tinfoil, you don’t want one molecule of EtOH escaping let alone one of H2O. Bake at 200C for 20 minutes and let sit for 5 minutes before opening to avoid scalding yourself. It’s delicate but delicious, a bit like the originator of the recipe.

8 Likes

A backhanded compliment

Funny, the first really fancy meal I ever cooked was fish in a bag, found myself briefly out of work in about 02 and got mad into cooking, the Naked Chef was huge so I bought one of his books and surprised herself with this when she came home from work, it’s still one of my go to dishes to impress, the liquid at the bottom of the bag is unreal.

1 Like

The baked potato looks fantastic

its organic

What variety is it? It’s got a lovely colour and bit of waxiness to it.
What’s the meat, is it a bit of organic rib eye?