Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

The Sunwolves should join the Pro14

They keep a very tight rein on things. Lads on here will constantly tell you it’s a global game, but all the referees at this world cup come from just 6 countries, the first 6 countries to qualify for the quarter finals.

4 Likes

Close to 100 entrants in the 2019 World Cup from all corners of the globe. First World Cup staged in Asia and Japan following on from beating superpower South Africa in the 2015 World Cup and are now poised to make the quarter finals for the first time.

Japan can now beat a superpower like South Africa and one of the top sides Ireland. In the 1995 World Cup, Ireland put 50 points in Japan and New Zealand beat them 145-17.

Huge breakthrough for the growth of rugby in Asia.

1 Like

The models tell me that Japan v Scotland should be ok to go ahead.
The area is to get absolutely soaked tomorrow though.

If nothing else, one would expect a significant boost in attendance figures for the next season of the aptly-named Top League.

Is that in terms of severity or a directional change?
Still 48 hrs out, presume models will re run at least every 12 hours.

I was talking to a few of the Irish players. Bit of trouble over bundee going out for dinner with the Samoan players earlier in the week.

Ah the scrums are going to be hilarious. :joy: what time is this thing on at?

:grinning:

11 Likes

11.45 Oirish Time is kick-off, but do tune in early to catch the Saaamoan haka.

2 Likes

Oh my

So Vodafone Ireland will finish second? This is a farce.

Who is this tycoon bastard?

If its abandoned a United Ireland will play South Africa am i right?

Ireland will finish second if JP get any kind of point I thought?

@StoneCold - can you break down Italy’s 12 points for me please - they won 2 games a have been awarded a draw for the cancelled NZ game

No they play a collection of islands in the Pacific Ocean calling themselves New Zealand

They’re driving themselves demented. Your man @Halfpipe is tying himself up in knots. Forever harking back to rugby in the amateur days, a time when he apparently truly loved the sport of rugby. In the same breath he’ll have a moan about the failure and lack of will to develop rugby globally. Completely over his head how rugby has developed globally in the professional era compared to the amateur days when it was really only matches involving two of the traditional eight IRB board members that were afforded test status.

1 Like

Them useless cunts,
We have their number don’t we?

“We’ve shown the template how to beat em”
“Nows the time to catch them”
“They’re not as good as they use to be”
“Need Murray and Sexton bang on it”

All shite that’ll be waffled out in due course.