Should Gerry Adams stay on as Leader of Sinn Fein?

[QUOTE=“tallback, post: 1039097, member: 1158”]SF up but G Adams down. Still think SF would be doing better without him.

But continue your cultish worship as you wish …[/QUOTE]
There’s nothing cultish about admiring a man who has done more to bring peace to this island than anybody else. When the time eventually comes for Gerry Adams to depart the scene, he’ll rightly be remembered as one of the greatest figures in this country’s history. Enda Kenny certainly won’t.

Agreed that Gerry Adams was a major factor in the peace process and he should be remembered for that. That was then and there. This is now. Bertie was a major figure in the peace process too and I don’t want him back either. He has little to offer this country now with its current issues. Some of the other SF TDs are far more impressive and electable IMHO.

DPP or DUP?

As i said earlier, the main parties would make a fuck of it and they did. Why should we give a shit about them pontificating about mairia cahill when FF/LAB and FG all sat on their hands for 50 years and let thousands of children be raped while the state was acting in loco parentis.

At least the RA shot paedos sometimes

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 1039110, member: 179”]DPP or DUP?

As i said earlier, the main parties would make a fuck of it and they did. Why should we give a shit about them pontificating about mairia cahill when FF/LAB and FG all sat on their hands for 50 years and let thousands of children be raped while the state was acting in loco parentis.

At least the RA shot paedos sometimes[/QUOTE]

Court service. Issue has become too convoluted at this stage for anyone outside political circles to really care.

I disagree. DPP cant force anyone to testify (except when carney threatens contempt). Cahill is looking to have it all ways: went to the ira didnt get the result she wanted then went to the courts and withdrew therefore not getting her way now shes going to politicians.

She seems to think that the people shes accusing dont have rights. Keir starmer is going to review the DPPs actions and it will be interesting to see what he says

The notion that Gerry Adams is an electoral liability is so wrong as to be laughable. Long may his detractors keep quoting this delusion to themselves. He’s the biggest electoral asset to any party in this state.

A Guardian article on the Irish media’s reporting of recent events with regard to Gerry Adams.

It refers to Gemma O’Doherty’s article being the only one to mention Cahill’s dissident republican allegiances.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/nov/03/irish-times-gerryadams

[QUOTE=“Colin Montgomerie, post: 1039986, member: 9”]A Guardian article on the Irish media’s reporting of recent events with regard to Gerry Adams.

It refers to Gemma O’Doherty’s article being the only one to mention Cahill’s dissident republican allegiances.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/nov/03/irish-times-gerryadams[/QUOTE]
Roy Greenslade used to write for An Phoblacht.

[QUOTE=“tallback, post: 1039107, member: 1158”]Agreed that Gerry Adams was a major factor in the peace process and he should be remembered for that. That was then and there. This is now. Bertie was a major figure in the peace process too and I don’t want him back either. He has little to offer this country now with its current issues. Some of the other SF TDs are far more impressive and electable IMHO.[/QUOT
I agree but he has blood on his hands[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“Joe Player, post: 1040005, member: 2692”][/QUOTE]
Bertie never killed

I know and he discloses it in the piece.

True.

He may as well have… Countless have committed suicide due to bankruptcy due to the recession he steered us into. Countless more dying in south central Bondi in drive by shootings which that cunt drove them to and into violence.

He didn’t disclose it when he first published the piece

Gerry Adams out strongly this afternoon alleging he’s being smeared and commenting “What worse smear can you put on anybody than they were part of a cover up of rape???”

To which I’d suggest the answer would be cover up of abduction, torture, murder and child abuse.

But Gerry knows nothing about those…

[QUOTE=“tallback, post: 1040373, member: 1158”]Gerry Adams out strongly this afternoon alleging he’s being smeared and commenting “What worse smear can you put on anybody than they were part of a cover up of rape???”

To which I’d suggest the answer would be cover up of abduction, torture, murder and child abuse.

But Gerry knows nothing about those…[/QUOTE]
And neither does anyone in lab/ff/fg in spite of it happening for over 50 years to those supposedly in the care of the state

BOOM!

Warrington. 1993?

No tats limerick city

That was a different piece.