That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

Just admit you only read the headline

Which minister will be bringing the legislation and bear the brunt?

Ok, you are doubling down

The story has already been rubbished mate

Meh we already use taxes i for stuff i dont agree with. Not the worst solution

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1749131467278426401?t=-O_AzobhXJTIs2BeVFIIMw&s=19

Could Jennifer and Doireann swap outfits?

Live?

2 Likes

You’re good

Martin doing a decent job in fairness to her. Any small good things that have come out of this government have come from Green pressure.

2 Likes

The greens should go for this

Toy Show The Musical amassed losses of €2.2m

By Mícheál Lehane

Political Correspondent

A report into RTÉ’s Toy Show The Musical has found there is no written record of the RTÉ Board ever granting its approval for the musical that amassed losses of €2.2 million.

The probe by Grant Thornton is set to be published tomorrow morning.

It has identified a lack of governance overseeing the venture.

It will say that there was an obligation on the RTÉ Board to give clearance for the venture that was staged in the Convention Centre in Dublin in 2022.

However, the board was never formally asked for a decision to proceed with Toy Show The Musical, the report found.

Obligation to or from whom?

I don’t want to pre empt the Grant Thornley report.

4 Likes

Very wise.

But, would you suggest there are dark forces at work here?

1 Like

In a public/civil service culture where ordering a roll of toilet paper requires multiple purchase orders and approval at the highest levels this story is incredible. What photos did or does Tubridy have? The next Committee where the rte top brass are in will be lively!!

There was no governance in RTE. Why would the mouthpiece of government need such a thing…ffs

Fucking Tubridy

1 Like

Dobbo moving on.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2024/0124/1428377-bryan-dobson/

2 Likes

I like Dobson, knowledgeable & impartial with a nice line in understated humour. I have possibly inaccurate memories of him being a bit bombastic & stuck up in the early days but he became a personal favourite of mine. All the best Bryan, if you’re reading this.

3 Likes

If there was a poll for the forum’s favourite Eire Protestant I think he’d be a contender.

3 Likes