The Lazy Laz and Uncle Esteban 5k challenge

I’ll try and give it a lash if I can find a day that falls right for me

2 Likes

I don’t fancy it at all.

Tried a few intervals at lunch. I think I need a better watch or somewhere like a field to do them properly.

Did 8 x 400m with 90 sec rest (jog at about 6min pace).
Pace was approx 3:40 - 3:55 but it was hard to judge because the watch was slow to adjust to change in pace from jogging to running, so I was about 150m into each rep before I knew how fast I was going and then checking again to see how far I’d gone. It would have been better to just do a lap of a field.

1 Like

That’s excellent. You should aim to do these by time rather than pace. Aim for 85-90 secs for 8×400.

I did 12×400 last week and aim was 95secs.

I get you.
Again my basic watch complicates that a bit as I’d end up trying to calculate it in my head.
I’ll get a proper watch in the near future that has settings for intervals.

1 Like

This week’s runs:

Tuesday - abandoned after 2.50km.

Today - abandoned after 2.47km.

I haven’t anything in the @Tank.

4 Likes

Great consistency there. That’s what running is all about.

And walked home?

Pick up a garmin. You can programme in the intervals in a minute. Takes all the thinking out of it.

Nothing wrong with that. You got out and did a bit. That’s better than nothing.

3 Likes

Can you set intervals on a vivosport? I have one but have only used it for very basics

I dont know.

What do you mean by a garmin?

Garmin watch.

For transparency, 1000 euro gone to Down Syndrome Ireland in Cork earlier today. @Locke was present at the virtual presentation on our behalf. Request has gone in for the gift matching which will happen in the next few weeks.

@RaymondCrotty is currently exploring passage ways through Dutch and Caribbean bank accounts to get the other money to Cambodia so will update when that’s done.

21 Likes

Revolut ta fuck Crotty

I can verify what @Mac has said above :+1:

3 Likes

The two of ye in cahoots

TFK! TFK! TFK!

2 Likes

Did 6 x 400 myself earlier, I’m doing 400m at slow pace as a rest so I’m getting 2 - 2:30 min rests. Legs still heavy after a weights session on Tuesday, so I wasn’t pushing it - 4 decent runs in the 3:45 - 3:55 range, a slow one at the end at 4:06 when I was spent, and a mystifying 4:07 in the middle that may have been a quirk of the watch.

Need to get some proper sprints & shuttles this weekend, hoping to get back playing a bit of ball next week.

3 Likes