The Lazy Laz and Uncle Esteban 5k challenge

I’d to walk up home to get the car and bring him home. He was fucked! He’s got a great engine if he’d ever bother to use it.

1 Like

I went for 5k today in the sweltering heat. Wicklow is just one big fucking hill, and the 12 bottles of IPA last night didn’t help. I’d say it’s the slowest I’ve ever ran 5k, didn’t have the watch on but I’d say we could have had a new contender for highest heart rate when I was going up a hill around the half way mark, fucking thing went on forever. A few for inane scenery thread

Went for a dip in the sea afterwards, twas freezing but glorious.

Now for another 12 bottles

15 Likes

Wouldn’t say I’d enjoy running too much. More physical effort than on the bike. Hard on my massive thighs. Probably the same feeling as going up a decent hill on the bike. I could probably do 5km handy enough though.

1 Like

Tried a bit of tempo running there
3 mins warm up at 5min pace
Then 20 mins at 4:30/4:40 pace

Will try get some sprints done during the week and maybe one long slow run.

1 Like

How was the knee

Knee was fine, the sore spot is gone. Legs didn’t feel great at the start, but I’d spent a couple of hours building a low wall so I’d say they were just a bit stiff from that.

1 Like

18’30 for 5k yesterday, bit more work to do to get under 18. Either that or need to find a faster course. Was on pace at 4K but had nothing left for last km.

10 Likes

Would anyone here break 3 minutes for a flat out 1k?

I reckon I’d be just under 3’10 but have never ran a km flat out.

A former poster could run one km in 2.30.

World record is 2.11 which is some running.

It’s stood for about 20 years. As has Irish record of 2.17.

3 Likes

@Brimmer_Bradley or @hbv?

This is getting dangerous now, you’ll definitely see injuries if this becomes a thing,

I think 3:27 is the best I’ve done according to Strava, mostly downhill and in The middle of an 8k run

I’d say I could go as low as 3:15 but it’s nearly an all out sprint

@Wexford1996 and @backinatracksuit,
What are ye running for August. Going to do 10 miles. Will aim for 65 mins.

Haven’t thought that far ahead. Will give the 5K a go again in a couple of weeks and might step up after that. Need to be doing a few more long runs before I think about 10 miles. What’s your PB for 10 miles?

1 Like

61 mins. Im a way off that though.

1 Like

Ran 61 in Ballycotton myself 4 or 5 years ago but don’t think I’ll get close to it again.

1 Like

Lovely course. Ran 61 mins in Frank Duffy. Ran ballycotton a couple of times, but not in bp shape. Reckon I could have gone sub 60 there if right.

Yeah, pity it’s no more, tough finish but lots of nice running out the country.

1 Like

I think 69-70 mins would be about the height of my ambition for that distance

I was thinking of doing the uphill one, going to scope out some local hills to go up and down twice in the two hours, maybe get 6 or 700 metres but this is completely unknown territory for me

2 Likes

Come down here and we,ll do Clarke’s Hill and cut right at the top and head up towards Maryborough - we’ll loop around and do it again.