The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

But your moan was;

Loughman is one of Irelandā€™s props, and you have him.

Joey Carbery did not work out for you, but he was back up 10 when you signed him and the hottest young 10 in Ireland.

Tadgh Beirne is evidence that the cast off thing is ridiculous. He had hit a wall with Leinster and went and bettered himself elsewhere. You of course have him as well, rather than him returning to Leinster.

I see above some moans that you ā€œcanā€™t play with under 20sā€. But that is exactly what Leinster do for much of the season. The 19/20 Leinster player in the Irish squads (more than the central contracts) appear sparingly for a lot of the season.

The point is on just producing better players yourselves and it isnā€™t as challenging as you make out. You have the Cork schools and Rockwell producing players at a clip. Pay attention to the Limericks schools and the clubs, just as how Leinster focus so much on clubs.

You arenā€™t that far off in reality.

1 Like

Tim Leinster have a massive advantage due to the fee paying schools. You can wind mill away. Itā€™s a fact.

Iā€™ve said already I donā€™t think Munster are actually doing too badly. Theyā€™ve gotten rotten luck and had to deal with a fair few retirements but bar Leinster taking their eye off the ball Munster are boxing with one hand tied behind their backs.

That Tim Oā€™Connor fella is great craic, absolutely clueless but convinced he is an authority on all sorts.

2 Likes

Of course itā€™s an advantage.

The point is that it is one you share in.

And I am happy enough for the other provinces to continue to be handed a Joey Carbury.

Or a Test Lion like Jack McGrath being pushed elsewhere.

Iā€™m even fine with Munster trying to sign a Luke Fitzgerald or Andrew Conway straight out of school like they have before.

Double digit percentages of your squads continuing to be from Leinster is grand.

The improvement is needed in your own player production, which is happening with Munster.

Iā€™m not moaning. Iā€™m merely pointing out jordie Barrett singing for Leinster isnā€™t good for Irish rugby

Weā€™ll be here for a month Tim. Itā€™s not advantage for Munster to be filled with Leinster rejects.

Itā€™s a part of the problem for Irish rugby.

I think itā€™s a great thing.

Iā€™d rather the provinces sign good quality o/s players like De Allende and Barrett.

Boosts interest and if you are going to have overseas players, may as well be the best.

Heā€™ll be keeping an Irish starter out of the team.

But above you moaned that;

ā€œLeinster have 2 out of 3 of Irelandā€™s outhalfsā€

Leinster also had a decade ago 2 out 3 them (Sexton and Madigan).

Sexton moved abroad because of a balls up in his contract and then Madigan followed once Sexton came back.

Madigan fell off the face of the earth and Joey C quickly became the back up 10.

He was handed to Munster.

What do you want?

I donā€™t think heā€™s good for Irish rugby. I donā€™t think heā€™s bad either. Good for Leinster though. Yes, weā€™re stacked in the back line but itā€™s hard to see how youā€™d pass on a player of that quality.

1 Like

Unlikely with the way injuries work.

I pointed out facts.

Madigan was a useless fraud of a player. That shat his pants in any game that required a bit of back bone.

Sexton left because he wanted more money and then the Irfu bended the rules and allowed him to play for Ireland when he was in France.

Amazing the way the rules always get broken for Leinster players.

So you think Munster having Joey C, Conway, Beirne, Loughman and others was a bad thing?

When Munster were producing extra stocks and Leinster had Reddan, Ross and Cronin, I sure as hell wasnā€™t saying it was a bad thing.

No tim Iā€™m saying having one provinces seriously advantaged over another is a bad thing for Irish rugby overall.

I donā€™t know if you believe in fairness or equality but I do.

So now youā€™re just going on about the merits of each player. The fact was that Madigan was one of the outhalfs in the Ireland squad with over 30 caps in 4 seasons.

Youā€™re pissing and moaning about ā€œLeinster have 2 out of 3 of the Irish outhalfsā€ when consistently this has not persisted and those players have left to either go abroad or to other provinces.

This is also what you said;

Are you saying that Tadgh Beirne is bad for Munster Rugby?

Iā€™m not pissing and moaning about this at all despite you saying this three times.

Itā€™s a fact imo. It also means from an Irish rugby point of view signing Barrett is not good because itā€™ll be an Irish international player losing out.

Once again, is Beirne a bad thing for Munster?

Murray, Pom and earls all come off central contracts.

Replaced by three Leinster players.

Munster have to make various cuts to playing squad to adjust.

Leinster sign jordie Barrett and rj Synman with freed up budget from central contracts.

Itā€™s serving Leinster brilliantly but for Irish rugby itā€™s not good.