Things that are sad

You had a good run fagan. I’ve a border collie, would hate anything to happen him. They’re very loyal

I just broached the idea of getting a dog with herself there.:oops:

I’ll try again in a few years time

I just took my dog and the parents 4 dogs for a walk. Mad fuckers.

The parents or the dogs?

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 1129190, member: 110”]I just broached the idea of getting a dog with herself there.:oops:

I’ll try again in a few years time[/QUOTE]

Fuck sake @Fran. Was there no priorities discussed as part of what would happen after you got married?

Yes. Fran would do as he was told and then he would be allowed go on TFK late in the evenings.

Mary next door baked me an orange cake and a chocolate tart to help me over this difficult time. :clap:

[ATTACH=full]2723[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1129724, member: 706”]Mary next door baked me an orange cake and a chocolate tart to help me over this difficult time. :clap:

[ATTACH=full]2723[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Any photos of mary

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 1129190, member: 110”]I just broached the idea of getting a dog with herself there.:oops:

I’ll try again in a few years time[/QUOTE]
im at the "what the fuck were you thinking of getting a dog "stage myself

Does she have a lovely bottom?

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1129724, member: 706”]Mary next door baked me an orange cake and a chocolate tart to help me over this difficult time. :clap:

[ATTACH=full]2723[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
You live near @Bandage’s aunt?

The eldest is crazy about dogs. I’ll let her put in the hard yards for a few years

Any views on a Springer Spaniel as a pet? Would they have a run at a TD if one came to the door canvassing?

Spaniels are hoors for wandering and have heaps of energy. Lovely dogs and full of affection but there is a bit of minding in them

3 Likes

Thinly veiled you’re too old for a spaniel O’Dowd

No, I wouldn’t recommend a Springer Spaniel to someone unless they are going to use them as a gun dog or have at least a good half an acre completely fenced/walled and another dog to keep it company and expend its energy with. Otherwise first scent in the air or first sign of a gap in a ditch and the dog would be out through it and gone for the day

3 Likes

My family home has had 3 generations of Springers. Absolutely gorgeous dogs. My auld lad has been in a wheelchair all thru this and each one of them has made his spare wheelchair when he’s away their bed. They hardly move till he comes home, its unbelievable.
My brother has a quad bike and tears around the fields with the present fella so he gets massive exercise and its rural so he’s got lots of freedom. Thats key i think. Really think you need quickish access to the fields or woods or wherever and have a love for walking yourself. They are high energy.

Not as incredibly smart as some dogs but still handy enough to train and loyal.

I got a German Shepard when i got back. Hard to see me ever getting another breed again. Unbelievable dogs. They’d nearly talk to ya. She opens and closes the back door. We have to turn the key to keep her out if we want them out (tgere is the cross beagle from Oz too)

I don’t know how i’d continue in life without dogs. Fact.

2 Likes

We (the family at home) have a springer @Fagan_ODowd. She’s a bit atypical, she was supposed to be a hunting dog but she’s gun shy so we took her in from the farmer that owned her. She’s incredibly quiet, gentle and obedient with very minimal training, that’s just her nature a bit though, very timid. They are a bit obsessive and love toys. Our one collects all the balls and apples she can find in the house and keeps them in her bed and is almost never without a tennis ball or sliotar in her mouth. Also they’re mad for the water. By and large they’re very good natured dogs, but they’re bred to be very energetic work dogs and cover a lot of ground, so as said above, don’t get one unless you’re going to take it on a good long walk daily.

Does the German Shepherd need much exercise, Kev?

Rocko, the rugby lover, then rugby hater, named his kid after a rugby player.